- 43 min ago Formula One Legend Niki Lauda Passes Away At 70
- 2 hrs ago Suzuki Confirms Gixxer 250 Naked Roadster Launch — Coming Diwali 2019
- 2 hrs ago Skoda Rapid To Feature New 1.0-Litre TSI Engine — Upgrading The Czechs
- 3 hrs ago New Hyundai Venue Compact-SUV Launched In India — Prices Start At Rs 6.50 Lakh
- Movies Kapil Sharma Mocks Bappi Lahiri; Calls him 'Maharani Of Jaipur'!
- News Men wearing Modi masks prepare 2,000 Kg Laddoos ahead of poll results
- Technology Infinix S4 launched in India with triple rear camera, 32MP front camera and more
- Sports World Cup prize money not too high than IPL
- Finance Reliance Beats IOC To Become India's Biggest Company In Revenue Terms
- Lifestyle Bhringraj Oil: Benefits For Hair & How To Use
- Education Goa Board SSC Result 2019: 92.47% Students Passed
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Tata Nexon AMT bookings have opened at dealership level with certain authorised Bangalore Tata Motors dealers confirming the development. Tata has yet to announce the Nexon AMT launch date; however, with dealers accepting Rs 11,000 as a token booking amount for the Nexon AMT, the launch is expected by early March or April 2018, while the deliveries will depend on the colour you choose.
The Nexon AMT was unveiled at Auto Expo 2018 in a new Etna Orange colour. The Nexon AMT, which rivals the likes of Ford EcoSport Automatic and the Mahindra TUV300 AMT, will be offered in both petrol and diesel options. The new AMT gearbox of the Nexon is likely to feature in the mid-variant XTA and the top-variant XZA. Apart from the introduction of the AMT gearbox, there won't be any changes to the specifications of the SUV.
Mechanically, the Tata Nexon AMT will draw power from the same 1.2-litre turbocharged petrol engine which produces 108.5bhp @ 5,000rpm and 170Nm of torque @ 1,750rpm. The 1.5-litre turbocharged diesel unit develops 108.5bhp @ 3,750rpm and 260Nm of torque @1,500rpm. Mileage details have not been announced yet, but they are expected to be on par with the manual variants.
As for the AMT gearbox employed in the Nexon SUV, it features creep mode which reduces the need for throttle inputs in stop/ go city driving conditions. There is also the Hill Assist function which prevents the Nexon from rolling back over inclines. The three drive modes of the Nexon manual variant: Eco, City and Sport will continue to be offered on the Nexon AMT variant as well.
Tata has not revealed the prices of the Nexon AMT; however, we expect the Nexon AMT price to be Rs 50,000 more than the manual variant. The Nexon manual variant price ranges from Rs 5.99 lakh to Rs 9.62 lakh ex-showroom. An increase of Rs 50,000 for the AMT Nexon, would result in the rise in the total amount to over Rs 10 lakh for the top variant.
DriveSpark's Thoughts About The Tata Nexon AMT
The Tata Nexon is a stylish looking subcompact SUV compared to some of its rivals, and now with the AMT option, the Nexon looks better equipped to take on its competition. Along with the turbocharged engine, the AMT gearbox will make it easier to drive in bumper-to-bumper city traffic as well as encouraging on steep inclines.