- 8 min ago New Maruti Suzuki Premium Six-Seater MPV Spied — To Be Called The ‘XL6’
- 9 min ago Delhi Police Launches E-Challan And E-Payment System — Traffic Violators Beware
- 15 hrs ago Chandrayaan-2 Is Launched Successfully While Polaris Pays Tribute To The Original Lunar Rover
- 17 hrs ago Hyundai Mobis Develops First Camera Monitor System — Side-View Mirror Replacement
- Movies Dabangg 3: Arbaaz Khan REVEALS Details About Saiee Manjrekar's Role In This Salman Khan Film
- Finance Yes Bank Shares Fell After Promoters Pledge Their Entire Stake At Bank
- Lifestyle Kiara Advani Gives Us A Jaw-dropping Moment With Her Red Lehenga At FDCI India Couture Week 2019
- News After Trump’s offer to ‘mediate’, US in damage control mode says it’s ready to ‘assist’
- Technology Asus ROG Phone II Featuring 120Hz AMOLED Display Announced: Features, Specs, And More
- Sports Fekir departs Lyon as Betis secure potential Lo Celso replacement
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
- Education CBSE Class 10 Compartment Results 2019: Steps To Check Result
Tata Motors has rolled out 1500th Safari Storme for the Indian Army which is named as GS800 (General Service 800) Safari Storme 4×4. The 1500th unit of the Safari Storme for the Indian Armed forces was flagged-off by Vernon Noronha, Vice President, Defence and Government Business from the Pune plant.
The Tata GS800 (General Service 800) Safari Storme 4×4 is designed and developed to meet the requirements of the Indian Army. Tata Motors states that the Safari Storme is a highly reliable and sturdier diesel SUV with robust features with a minimum payload capacity of 800kg.
The Tata Safari Storme developed for the Indian Army has undergone rigorous testing for a period of 15 months in various terrains in the country. The SUV can handle both on and off-road conditions with utmost ease and delivers a supreme performance. The SUV can be used for high-altitude drives, traverse snow-bound regions and cross deserts.
The Tata Safari Storme designed for the Indian Army is equipped with special features such as ABS, recovery hooks, jerry can and fog lamps. The SUV also gets bucket seats, mobile charging point, Air Conditioning (AC), heating, demisting and power windows. The SUV can accommodate six crew members.
Tata Motors also said that the GS800 Safari Storme offers 70 percent higher power, 60 percent higher payload and 200 percent higher torque as compared to the standard variant of the SUV. Tata Motors had bagged an order to supply 3,192 units of Safari Storme and has already delivered over 1,300 SUVs.
The standard version of the Tata Safari Storme draws power from a 2.2-litre four-cylinder, turbocharged, diesel engine offered with two power options: 148bhp and 320Nm of torque and 153bhp and 400Nm of torque. Transmission options include a 5-speed manual and a 6-speed manual gearbox.
Thoughts On The Tata Safari Storme Army Edition
The GS800 Safari Storme replaces the Maruti Gypsy in the Indian Army. The Tata Safari Storme designed for the Armed Forces is said to be a better vehicle and can cope with the harsh conditions. Now, Tata Motors has rolled-out the 1,500th unit of the SUV, which is a proud moment for the Indian automaker.