- 1 hr ago Toyota Will Not Update The Corolla Altis To BS-VI Norms — Suzuki To Miss Out On C-Segment Offering
- 1 hr ago Kochi To Get 15 Electric Vehicle Charging Station — Total Operational Capacity By End 2020
- 2 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki AGS: The Automatic Transmission For Every Indian
- 19 hrs ago Steelbird Tyres Launches Puncture RSA Across India – Fix Your Flat With Ease
- Technology RJio leads wireless broadband market with 56% market share: ICRA
- Sports Harmanpreet Kaur wanted to take a break from international cricket following Mithali Raj row in T20 World Cup
- Movies Bigg Boss 13: The REAL Reason Why There Will Be No Commoners; Salman To Shoot The Show In Mumbai!
- Lifestyle Pangastritis: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Finance Zydus Nutritions And Heinz India Merger Approved By NCLT
- News Killed in the nick of time: How gunning down Zakir Musa, destroyed an Al-Qaeda dream in India
- Education HSCAP Allotment Result 2019 Kerala Released
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Tata Motors has launched the next-gen Ultra range of Intermediate and Light Commercial Vehicles (LCV) to further strengthen its leadership in the Indian market. The newly launched trucks are priced between Rs 10 lakh to Rs 25 lakh.
The new Tata Ultra range of trucks are based on a modular platform which will help Tata Motors to design the trucks to suit different business applications. The new range of trucks include a tipper, Reefer, municipality applications, two-wheeler carrier and much more.
The next-gen Ultra range of trucks will have a gross vehicle weight between 7 tonne and 16 tonne. The new trucks also meet the global trucking standards such as safety, durability and features.
The new Ultra range of trucks draw power from an all-new Turbotronn 3-litre and 5-litre diesel engines. The 3-litre engine produces 138bhp and 360Nm of torque. The 5-litre unit develops 177bhp and 590Nm of torque. Both the engines are mated to a 6-speed manual gearbox.
Tata Motors will also offer an automatic transmission as an option. The company also states that the next-gen Ultra range of trucks will offer best-in-class mileage, comfort and features. Tata Motors also claims that the Ultra trucks will offer lowest total cost of ownership (TCO).
The new Ultra range of trucks are also equipped with Global Positioning System (GPS) tracking and advanced Telematics solutions to help customers track and control the vehicles anywhere in the country. Other features include real-time fleet tracking, SMS and email alerts, Geo-fencing and remote unit management.
Tata Motors will also export the new Ultra range of trucks to countries such as South Africa, Malaysia, Philippines, and Indonesia. The company has been investing Rs 1,500 crore towards commercial vehicle division every year. With the BS-VI emission norms coming into effect from 2020, Tata Motors will increase the investment.
Thoughts On The Next-Gen Tata Ultra Range Of Trucks
Tata Motors has been one of the leading players in the commercial vehicle segment in the Indian market. Now, with the launch of the next-gen Ultra range of trucks, Tata Motors will further strengthen its position in the country. Combined with the wide sales and service network, the Tata trucks will offer a lot to fleet owners and customers in terms of features, performance and safety.