- 8 hrs ago Mahindra Thar 700 Launched In India At Rs 9.99 Lakh — Limited Numbers Of A Fantastic SUV
- 8 hrs ago MG Motors Plans To Launch eZS All Electric SUV — Slated For Late 2019
- 9 hrs ago Renault Triber Teased Ahead Of Global Unveil
- 10 hrs ago Tata Tigor Automatic Launched In India — Prices Start At Rs 6.39 Lakh
- News Cyclone Vayu, headed for North Gujarat, to weaken further
- Technology Indian Consumer Prefer To Watch OTT Content For Free
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Super Shakib inspires Bangladesh to thumping win over Windies
- Lifestyle 8 Astonishing Health Benefits Of Drinking Cucumber Juice
- Movies Bepannaah’s Harshad Chopda On His Secret Girlfriend; Reveals Awkward Moment About Intimate Scene!
- Finance Nifty Earnings For Jan-Mar Touched 5-Quarter Low
- Education RSOS 10th Result 2019: Steps To Check Result
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Tata Motors is readying the new Harrier (H5X) SUV which is expected to be launched in the Indian market in 2019. Now, ETAuto reports that Tata Motors will introduce a small crossover in the country in 2021. The small crossover is codenamed as X455 and will be named as Tata Hornbill.
Tata Motors has not revealed any details about the upcoming vehicle, but it is confirmed to be a small crossover. The company already retails the Nexon SUV in the country which has been a hit since its launch. Now, Tata Motors is readying another game-changing product for the Indian market.
The Tata Hornbill is said to be based on the new modular platform which will also underpin the upcoming Tata 45X premium hatchback. The Tata Hornbill will also feature company's new Impact Design 2.0 design philosophy which will make its debut with the Harrier SUV.
Technical details of the Hornbill are scarce, but we can expect the small crossover to feature the same 1.2-litre petrol engine. Tata Motors might also introduce an AMT gearbox as it is popular among the entry-level hatchbacks and crossovers. The Tata Hornbill will be fuel efficient with a smaller 1.2-litre engine.
The Tata Hornbill will be a feature-rich micro-SUV to tackle the competition in the Indian market. One of the main rivals for the Tata Hornbill will be the Maruti Ignis. The Maruti Ignis is targeted towards the young buyers in the country and it will be the same case with the Tata Hornbill.
The small crossover or the micro-SUV segment is rapidly growing in the country and Hyundai also plans to introduce a new vehicle in this segment in 2021-22. Datsun will also introduce the new Go Cross small SUV in the country. Tata Motors is planning to explore more segments as its newly designed cars are performing in the Indian market.
Thoughts On The Tata Hornbill Small Crossover
The Tata Hornbill will be micro-SUV or a small crossover which will be based on the same platform as the X45 hatchback. We can expect Tata Motors to unveil the Hornbill small crossover at the Auto Expo 2020 which will be followed by the launch in 2021. The Tata Hornbill will rival the Maruti Ignis and also the Mahindra KUV100.