- 25 min ago Electric Vehicle GST To Be Reduced Soon — Government To Offer Other Tax Benefits As Well
- 24 hrs ago Anand Mahindra Tweets About Creative Parking Space: Fashioned From A Plastic Overhead Water Tank
- 1 day ago Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 Modified: Rajputana Customs Have Outdone Themselves!
- 1 day ago Mahindra Stops Production of The Thar With The Special Edition Thar 700: A Tribute Video
- Sports TNPL 2019: Kovai Kings vs Kanchi Veerans: Mukund powers Kings to big win
- News Pak PM Imran Khan to meet Trump to reboot ties
- Movies Nikamma First Look: Abhimanyu Dassani & Shirley Setia Team Up For Sabbir Khan's Action Entertainer!
- Finance Bond Yield Rise After RBI's Das Says Future Policy Stance To Depend On Upcoming Data
- Technology Oppo K3 First Impression: A Fresh Face In The Lot
- Lifestyle What Is Emotional Intelligence? 15 Ways To Improve It
- Education SBI Clerk Mains Admit Card 2019 Next Week
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
Tata Motors has revealed the name of their upcoming SUV as the 'Harrier'. The company yesterday put out a teaser, showcasing the front-end of their new SUV. The Tata Harrier, earlier code-named as H5X, is expected to be launched in India sometime in 2019.
Tata Motors will first focus on strengthening its sales network before the SUV's launch. The company is also working on revamping its dealerships to offer a more premium experience.
Production of the Tata Harrier SUV will begin shortly. The company is expected to expand the production capacity of its Pune plant.
The H5X SUV concept from Tata Motors was first showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo. The final production version of the Harrier is expected to look similar to the concept showcased.
The Harrier concept SUV comes with the latest ‘Optimal Modular Efficient Global Advanced' Architecture. This new platform has been developed by Tata Motors in collaboration with Jaguar Land Rover.
However, Tata Motors will localise the platform to better suit the Indian market. The localisation will also further help bring down the overall cost of the SUV.
The Tata Harrier is also the first vehicle to sport the ‘Impact Design 2.0' philosophy.
The Tata Harrier SUV will come in two seating configurations: five and seven-seater options. With the seven-seater version of the SUV being introduced at a later stage.
Mayank Pareek, President, Passenger Vehicle Business Unit, Tata Motors stated, "We are excited to introduce the ‘Tata Harrier' to our customers and are gearing up for the commercial launch in the first quarter of 2019."
He further added, "Tata Harrier is yet another game changer, to offer our customers a product, that is not only exciting but that which will take our brand value to the next level."
The production version of the Tata H5X or the Harrier is expected to draw power from a Fiat-sourced 2.0-litre diesel engine. This engine produces 140bhp and 320Nm of torque. The engine will further be mated to a six-speed manual gearbox, powering the front wheels. An all-wheel-drive variant is also expected to be on offer in the future.
Thoughts On The Tata Harrier SUV
Tata Motors have named their upcoming SUV as the Harrier. Previously codenamed the H5X, the SUV will be launched in India by 2019. Once launched the Tata Harrier SUV will rival the likes of the Hyundai Creta, Mahindra XUV500 and the Jeep Compass.