- 5 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Celerio BS6 Models Launched In India Starting At Rs 4.41 Lakh
- 5 hrs ago New Maruti Suzuki Ignis Facelift India Launch Date Revealed: Here Are All The Details
- 7 hrs ago Hero Electric Flash Scooter Limited Period Discounts: Benefits And Offers Up To Rs 10,500
- 9 hrs ago Tata Is Set To Launch The Facelifted BS6 Nexon On 22 January
- News Andhra Pradesh Assembly passes the 3 capital resolution Bill 2020
- Sports Premier Badminton League 2020: Satwik & Lakshya Sen shine as Chennai Superstarz win opener
- Movies Bigg Boss 13 Day 113 Synopsis: Time To Elect The Second ‘Elite Member’ In The House
- Lifestyle Did You Know These Side Effects Of Green Tea?
- Technology Jio Working On UPI Payments Via MyJio App To Compete With Google Pay
- Travel 7 Patriotic Places To Visit This Republic Day
- Finance New Gold Hallmarking Rules: 5 Things To Know
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Tata Motors has revealed the name of their upcoming SUV as the 'Harrier'. The company yesterday put out a teaser, showcasing the front-end of their new SUV. The Tata Harrier, earlier code-named as H5X, is expected to be launched in India sometime in 2019.
Tata Motors will first focus on strengthening its sales network before the SUV's launch. The company is also working on revamping its dealerships to offer a more premium experience.
Production of the Tata Harrier SUV will begin shortly. The company is expected to expand the production capacity of its Pune plant.
The H5X SUV concept from Tata Motors was first showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo. The final production version of the Harrier is expected to look similar to the concept showcased.
The Harrier concept SUV comes with the latest ‘Optimal Modular Efficient Global Advanced' Architecture. This new platform has been developed by Tata Motors in collaboration with Jaguar Land Rover.
However, Tata Motors will localise the platform to better suit the Indian market. The localisation will also further help bring down the overall cost of the SUV.
The Tata Harrier is also the first vehicle to sport the ‘Impact Design 2.0' philosophy.
The Tata Harrier SUV will come in two seating configurations: five and seven-seater options. With the seven-seater version of the SUV being introduced at a later stage.
Mayank Pareek, President, Passenger Vehicle Business Unit, Tata Motors stated, "We are excited to introduce the ‘Tata Harrier' to our customers and are gearing up for the commercial launch in the first quarter of 2019."
He further added, "Tata Harrier is yet another game changer, to offer our customers a product, that is not only exciting but that which will take our brand value to the next level."
The production version of the Tata H5X or the Harrier is expected to draw power from a Fiat-sourced 2.0-litre diesel engine. This engine produces 140bhp and 320Nm of torque. The engine will further be mated to a six-speed manual gearbox, powering the front wheels. An all-wheel-drive variant is also expected to be on offer in the future.
Thoughts On The Tata Harrier SUV
Tata Motors have named their upcoming SUV as the Harrier. Previously codenamed the H5X, the SUV will be launched in India by 2019. Once launched the Tata Harrier SUV will rival the likes of the Hyundai Creta, Mahindra XUV500 and the Jeep Compass.