- 2 hrs ago Ducati Partners With North Star Automotive — Aiming Maximum Presence In India
- 3 hrs ago Kia Seltos Receives 6,046 Bookings On The First Day — Launch Scheduled In August
- 4 hrs ago BS-VI Petrol & Diesel Prices Will Increase Post April 2020 — Another Challenge For The Auto Sector!
- 5 hrs ago Lotus Evija Electric Hypercar Unveiled — Time Travel Is Almost Here!
- Technology Xiaomi Mi A3 Launched – Triple Rear Cameras, Snapdragon 665 SoC And More
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019: Full Schedule, team-wise schedule, date and time, venues of PKL 2019
- Movies Veteran Bengali Actor Swarup Dutta Passes Away Due To Cardiac Arrest In Kolkata
- News Rift in Delhi Cong wide open: PC Chacko curtails Sheila Dikshit’s powers
- Lifestyle Teen Sells Bottled Bathwater to Men Online and It's A Runaway Success
- Finance What Are Dynamic Bond Funds?
- Education ICAI CPT June Result 2019 To Be Released On July 18
- Travel 5 Ideal Weekend Getaways in Chandigarh
Tata Motors revealed the H5X concept SUV at the Auto Expo 2018. Now, Rushlane has spotted the company's flagship SUV being tested on Indian roads. Yes, the prototype version of the Tata H5X was spotted in Pune with a heavily camouflaged livery.
The Tata H5X which was spotted is a pre-production model with temporary headlight and turn indicators. We can't say much about the design as it is heavily camouflaged. The SUV is equipped with alloy wheels. But the overall design seems to be slightly different from the concept model.
The Tata H5X is based on the Optimal Modular Efficient Global Advanced (OMEGA) platform which also underpins the Land Rover Discovery Sport. The Tata H5X will be the first car to feature company's new Impact 2.0 design language.
The production version of the Tata H5X is expected to feature flared wheel arches, tri-arrow design on the bumper, skid plates, dual-tone bumper, LED headlight and wraparound tail light cluster.
The Tata H5X is likely to get a luxurious and spacious cabin with all the bells and whistles. The flagship SUV from Tata Motors is expected to draw power from a Fiat-sourced 2-litre Multijet II diesel engine producing around 140-170bhp. The engine will be coupled to a ZF-sourced 9-speed automatic gearbox.
The Tata H5X is likely to get the four-wheel-drive system and multiple driving modes. Tata Motors is expected to offer the H5X in both 5-seater and 7-seater variants. Overall the production version of the H5X will be radically new and unique as compared to the current vehicles from Tata Motors.
Thoughts On The Tata H5X SUV
Tata Motors is expected the launch the H5X SUV in the current fiscal year and the SUV is being tested on Indian roads. Expect the pricing to be in the range of Rs 16 lakh and the flagship Tata SUV will rival the likes of Jeep Compass and the Hyundai Tucson. The H5X could be a game-changing product for Tata Motors considering the popularity of SUVs in India.