TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
In the run-up to the upcoming 2018 Auto Expo, car manufacturers are gearing up to unveil, launch and showcase their newest creations. Homegrown car maker Tata Motors' pavilion at the Auto Expo will boast some of their important and significant car lineups. Autocar India has revealed that Tata Motors will unveil a near-production SUV of its new Jeep Compass rival codenamed H5.
The new SUV from Tata is expected to be offered in five-seater and seven-seater layout. Both the version will be based on the Land Rover Discovery Sport's L550 platform; however, they will be different regarding design and feel. Also, the SUV will share its powertrain with the Jeep Compass.
The Tata H5 SUV is expected to be powered by FCA's 2.0-litre, four-cylinder MultiJet II diesel engine, but in different states of tune: 140bhp for the five-seater and 170bhp for the seven-seater version. While the base variant will be offered with a two-wheel drive system, the top-spec variants will come with the four-wheel drive system.
Tata Motors will reveal its IMPACT Design 2.0 at the Auto Expo, and the new H5 is expected to the first to feature the new styling. The vehicle is likely to carry SUV attributes such as heavy body cladding, high ground clearance, and robust body architecture.
The Tata H5 SUV could be priced in the range of Rs 13 lakh for the five-seater, while the seven-seater is expected to carry a price tag of Rs 15 lakh. The SUV has been spotted testing several times in India, thanks to 'The Automotive India' for the spy pictures, and the reveal was the only aspect left before its launch in the country.
The Tata H5 will compete with the likes of Jeep Compass, Mahindra XUV500 as well as the Hyundai Creta which is leading the SUV onslaught in India.
Tata Motors is pushing aggressively pursuing the premium segment with the recent launches Nexon, Hexa, Tigor and the Tiago in India. With the Tata H5 SUV, the company is looking to increase its appeal among the urban and young buyers in India. Stay tuned to DriveSpark as we bring you live coverage of the 2018 Auto Expo when Tata Motors reveals its new SUV.