- 5 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Celerio BS6 Models Launched In India Starting At Rs 4.41 Lakh
- 5 hrs ago New Maruti Suzuki Ignis Facelift India Launch Date Revealed: Here Are All The Details
- 7 hrs ago Hero Electric Flash Scooter Limited Period Discounts: Benefits And Offers Up To Rs 10,500
- 9 hrs ago Tata Is Set To Launch The Facelifted BS6 Nexon On 22 January
- News Andhra Pradesh Assembly passes the 3 capital resolution Bill 2020
- Sports Premier Badminton League 2020: Satwik & Lakshya Sen shine as Chennai Superstarz win opener
- Movies Bigg Boss 13 Day 113 Synopsis: Time To Elect The Second ‘Elite Member’ In The House
- Lifestyle Did You Know These Side Effects Of Green Tea?
- Technology Jio Working On UPI Payments Via MyJio App To Compete With Google Pay
- Travel 7 Patriotic Places To Visit This Republic Day
- Finance New Gold Hallmarking Rules: 5 Things To Know
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Tata Motors unveiled the 45X hatchback concept alongside the H5X concept at the Auto Expo 2018. Tata Motors is all set to launch the production version of the H5X that is named as Harrier. Tata Motors is also working on the production version of the 45X. Now, more details of the 45X hatchback have been revealed.
TeamBHP reports that the Tata 45X premium hatchback will feature a mild-hybrid system as an option. According to a forum member, the Tata 45X premium hatchback or the Tata Aquilla will be powered by a 1.2-litre engine. The 1.2-litre unit will be an all-new BS-VI compliant engine and it will be different from the currently offered Revotron engine.
The report states that the new 1.2-litre, three-cylinder, petrol engine might feature a 48-volt mild-hybrid system with idle start/stop function. The mild-hybrid technology will improve mileage and reduces carbon emissions. The mild-hybrid system assists the engine in acceleration.
The new 1.2-litre petrol engine might be developed by Tata Motors European Technical Centre (TMETC) and the mild-hybrid technology might also be developed by TMETC. Tata Motors' UK-based research and development centre has already presented two mild-hybrid systems codenamed as P0 and P2.
Tata Motors could also introduce the mild-hybrid system in other products such as the Nexon SUV, the X452 premium sedan and the Tata Harrier. Tata Motors already manufactures the pure-electric variant of the Tigor named as Tigor EV and the company is working on electrification of the products.
Thoughts On The Tata 45X
Tata Motors is working on the production version of the 45X premium hatchback and the car has been already spotted on Indian roads. Now, it looks like the Tata 45X will be the first car from the Indian automaker to get mild-hybrid technology. We can expect more details to be revealed in the coming months.