- 50 min ago Electric Vehicle GST To Be Reduced Soon — Government To Offer Other Tax Benefits As Well
- 1 day ago Anand Mahindra Tweets About Creative Parking Space: Fashioned From A Plastic Overhead Water Tank
- 1 day ago Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 Modified: Rajputana Customs Have Outdone Themselves!
- 1 day ago Mahindra Stops Production of The Thar With The Special Edition Thar 700: A Tribute Video
- Movies Taapsee Pannu THRASHES Kangana Ranaut Left & Right; Takes A Dig At Shahid Kapoor & Vijay Deverakonda
- News Will a trust vote be held in Karnataka today? Highly unlikely
- Technology Redmi 64MP Camera Smartphone Teased To Be Launched Soon
- Finance Sensex Drags Lower By 560 Points: This Is Why
- Sports TNPL 2019: Kovai Kings vs Kanchi Veerans: Mukund powers Kings to big win
- Lifestyle What Is Emotional Intelligence? 15 Ways To Improve It
- Education SBI Clerk Mains Admit Card 2019 Next Week
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
Tata Motors unveiled the 45X hatchback concept alongside the H5X concept at the Auto Expo 2018. Tata Motors is all set to launch the production version of the H5X that is named as Harrier. Tata Motors is also working on the production version of the 45X. Now, more details of the 45X hatchback have been revealed.
TeamBHP reports that the Tata 45X premium hatchback will feature a mild-hybrid system as an option. According to a forum member, the Tata 45X premium hatchback or the Tata Aquilla will be powered by a 1.2-litre engine. The 1.2-litre unit will be an all-new BS-VI compliant engine and it will be different from the currently offered Revotron engine.
The report states that the new 1.2-litre, three-cylinder, petrol engine might feature a 48-volt mild-hybrid system with idle start/stop function. The mild-hybrid technology will improve mileage and reduces carbon emissions. The mild-hybrid system assists the engine in acceleration.
The new 1.2-litre petrol engine might be developed by Tata Motors European Technical Centre (TMETC) and the mild-hybrid technology might also be developed by TMETC. Tata Motors' UK-based research and development centre has already presented two mild-hybrid systems codenamed as P0 and P2.
Tata Motors could also introduce the mild-hybrid system in other products such as the Nexon SUV, the X452 premium sedan and the Tata Harrier. Tata Motors already manufactures the pure-electric variant of the Tigor named as Tigor EV and the company is working on electrification of the products.
Thoughts On The Tata 45X
Tata Motors is working on the production version of the 45X premium hatchback and the car has been already spotted on Indian roads. Now, it looks like the Tata 45X will be the first car from the Indian automaker to get mild-hybrid technology. We can expect more details to be revealed in the coming months.