TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dharwad Building Collapse: 1 Dead, 40 Feared Trapped; BSF Joins Rescue Ops
- Joker In The Pack: Team India May Use Vijay Shankar As Surprise Element At No.4 In World Cup 2019
- Harley-Davidson Launches Two New Models In India
- Google Pay Now Lets Users Book Train Tickets Directly Without Additional Charges
- GST On Real Estate: New Tax Transition Plan Approved
- Vidyut Jammwal: Junglee Is A Must Watch For Families & Kids!
- Her Fake Braces Did This To Her!
- Explore The Laid-Back Trails Of Panaji, Goa
Tata Motors unveiled the 45X hatchback concept alongside the H5X concept at the Auto Expo 2018. Tata Motors is all set to launch the production version of the H5X that is named as Harrier. Tata Motors is also working on the production version of the 45X. Now, more details of the 45X hatchback have been revealed.
TeamBHP reports that the Tata 45X premium hatchback will feature a mild-hybrid system as an option. According to a forum member, the Tata 45X premium hatchback or the Tata Aquilla will be powered by a 1.2-litre engine. The 1.2-litre unit will be an all-new BS-VI compliant engine and it will be different from the currently offered Revotron engine.
The report states that the new 1.2-litre, three-cylinder, petrol engine might feature a 48-volt mild-hybrid system with idle start/stop function. The mild-hybrid technology will improve mileage and reduces carbon emissions. The mild-hybrid system assists the engine in acceleration.
The new 1.2-litre petrol engine might be developed by Tata Motors European Technical Centre (TMETC) and the mild-hybrid technology might also be developed by TMETC. Tata Motors' UK-based research and development centre has already presented two mild-hybrid systems codenamed as P0 and P2.
Tata Motors could also introduce the mild-hybrid system in other products such as the Nexon SUV, the X452 premium sedan and the Tata Harrier. Tata Motors already manufactures the pure-electric variant of the Tigor named as Tigor EV and the company is working on electrification of the products.
Thoughts On The Tata 45X
Tata Motors is working on the production version of the 45X premium hatchback and the car has been already spotted on Indian roads. Now, it looks like the Tata 45X will be the first car from the Indian automaker to get mild-hybrid technology. We can expect more details to be revealed in the coming months.