- 1 hr ago DSK Owned Benelli & Hyosung Motorcycles Up For Grabs – Will Be Available Through Online Auction Only
- 1 hr ago Top-Selling Scooters In India For June 2019 — Honda Activa Continues To Remain Unbeatable
- 1 hr ago Rs 9 Lakh For A Scooter? Honda Forza 300 Premium Maxi-Scooter To Be Launched In India
- 4 hrs ago Hyundai Organizes Mega Experience Service Camp In India — Existing Customers Get Educated
- Education Chandrayaan 2: Free Online Courses In Aerospace Engineering Offered By HRD Ministry's Swayam Portal
- Lifestyle Margot Robbie Pays Tribute To The 60s Fashion With Her Flowy And Delicate White Gown
- Sports Post Lasith Malinga, Sri Lanka bowling has a mountain to scale
- Technology Asus ROG Phone II Launched – Other Gaming Smartphones That Might Face The Heat
- News Revealed: The child in Modi’s arms, who he called a special friend in Parliament
- Movies Nerkonda Paarvai First Review: Ajith Kumar Shines In The 'Best Tamil Film' Of The Year
- Finance 4 Best Small Cap Mutual Funds To Buy
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
The City of Basel in Switzerland has decided to replace their old diesel-powered police cars with Tesla's flagship offering, the Model X SUV.
The decision of the Swiss police to shift to the electric car comes as a response to the environmental measures structured in the country. The eco-friendly measures are in line with the country's Cantonal Legislative Plan 2017 - 21.
The Tesla Model X SUV has been finalized as the replacement to diesel cars after a thorough investigation. The car was put through practical tests, to satisfy all the requirements.
The Swiss police have chosen the top-spec 100D variant of the Model X from Tesla. This variant offers the highest range in the lineup.
The Tesla Model X 100D offers a 475-kilometre range on a single charge, with a 0 - 100km/h time of just 4.7 seconds. The Tesla Model X top spec is offered in an all-wheel-drive system, making it suitable for low grip conditions.
All these factors, make it perfectly suitable for police work. Also, the Tesla Model X will have a low maintenance cost which will be economically beneficial. While also emitting minimal carbon dioxide compared to the diesel vehicles.
Tesla offers the Model X with a four-year warranty on the vehicle. It also offers an eight-year warranty on the car's batteries and powertrain.
Inside, the Tesla model X has sufficient space to seat seven passengers. Other features on the Model X: panoramic sunroof, 17-inch touchscreen infotainment system, ambient lighting, inbuilt LTE/Wifi and heated seats. The rear seats can also be folded down to offer a massive 2491 litres of boot space.
Also Read: Tesla Model X Pulls A Boeing 787 Dreamliner
Thoughts On The Swiss Police Using The Tesla Model X
This is not the first time a Tesla has been chosen to replace a police vehicle. The Police departments of Los Angeles, Denver and Luxembourg have added the Model S to their fleet. While the Ontario Police department in Canada has added the Model X in their lineup.