- 5 hrs ago 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon To Be Called Moab In India
- 6 hrs ago 45 At An Auction And Everything Else — A List Of Motorcycles That Could Have Been
- 6 hrs ago Ducati Panigale V4 25 Anniversario 916 Launched In India — Priced At Rs 54.90 Lakh
- 7 hrs ago Ford Teams Up With Volkswagen For EVs By 2023 — Ford To Use VWs MEB Platform
- News Karnataka Crisis: SC to take up rebel MLAs' plea, BJP keeps close watch
- Movies Bigg Boss 3 Tamil Week 4 Eviction List: 5 Contestants To Feel The Heat This Time!
- Finance June Trade Deficit Narrows To $15.28 Billion; Exports Fall
- Sports MS Dhoni could be axed from Team India if he doesn't retire; Virat Kohli's captaincy to be reviewed: Reports
- Technology Realme X Review: New Benchmark To Beat In Sub 20K Price-Point
- Lifestyle Guru Purnima 2019: Messages And Quotes To Wish Your Guru
- Education ICAR AIEEA Result 2019 Likely To Be Released On This Date
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
2019 Suzuki Vitara Facelift Unveiled: Suzuki Motor Corporation has taken the wraps off the 2019 Vitara facelift ahead of its market launch. The SUV gets cosmetic changes at the front and rear. New features and technologies have also been introduced in the facelift.
The Vitara has enjoyed strong sales in the UK since its inception in 2015. Globally, the Vitara is currently one of the most popular models in the Suzuki range. The facelift model is likely to be called the Vitara Series II.
The new Suzuki Vitara will be powered by two new turbocharged petrol engines. The 1.0-litre and 1.4-litre Boosterjet turbocharged enginesare capable of churning out 109bhp and 138bhp, respectively. Transmission options will include a 6-speed manual or an automatic gearbox.
These engines will replace the existing 1.6-litre petrol powertrain that powered the pre-facelift model. Unfortunately, there will be no diesel engine option available on the updated Vitara, internationally. On the other hand, the ALLGRIP four-wheel-drive system will enhance the driving experience.
On the outside, the SUV gets a new front fascia. It also gets features such as a revised grille with chrome garnishing, large projector headlamps, LED DRLs and a sculpted bumper. The SUV sports a nice set of alloy wheels, visible muscular tone and black cladding, as well. At the rear, the Vitara gets compact and sharp-looking taillights with LEDs.
Not just the outside, but the cabin of the car has also received some tweaks as well. The facelifted Vitara features a perfect blend of sportiness and premiumness. The car gets a new dashboard, updated seat, a screen is now part of the redesigned instrument cluster and upholstery materials and sporty all-black theme. The technologies and safety features of the car are yet not disclosed, but we expect it to be high-end.
Currently, the Suzuki Vitara is sold in 191 countries and regions around the world. The sales of the SUV has recently crossed the 3.7 million units mark. The car was sold in India as the Grand Vitara up until 2015. If Maruti Suzuki considers launching the SUV in India, it will go up against the likes of the Hyundai Creta, Mahindra XUV500 and Jeep Compass.
The flagship SUV from Suzuki has already been spotted testing in India, on a number of occasions. However, if at all the company decides to launch the car in the country, we will be receiving the new facelifted version.
Thoughts On The Suzuki Vitara Facelift
The facelifted version of the car features a perfect combination of sportiness and luxury. The two new powertrains seem very promising and will offer a smooth drive. We hope that it won't face the same low-sales fate as the old Grand Vitara, if it is launched in India.