TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- How The Phone Calls And Explosives Clearly Link Pulwama Attack To Pakistan
- Mahindra XUV300 Electric S210 Promises A Range Of 400km — Details Out!
- IPL 2019 Schedule — Chennai Super Kings Take On Royal Challengers Bangalore In Season Opener On March 23rd
- Samsung Galaxy S10+ Tipped To Launch In Ceramic Black: Price And Specs
- Here's Portal To Apply For Education Loan At Multiple Banks
- Indian Fests In March — A 2019 Must-Visit Checklist
- Madhu Chopra Reacts To Priyanka's 'Baby Bump' Photos!
- Kangana Ranaut Convinces Us To Make Sari An Everyday Wear With This Humble Sari
Current Williams Formula One driver, Lance Stroll to drive for Force India in 2019. According to reports from AutoBild, Lawrence Stroll has bought Force India. However, it is still unclear if Stroll acquired a majority stake or bought over the team entirely.
Rumours of Force India filing for bankruptcy have been doing the rounds for quite a while now. The current owners of the Silverstone-based F1 Team: Vijay Mallya, Subrata Roy and Michael Mol have been in talks with their shareholders, regarding the team's future.
Lawrence Stroll had earlier invested in the Williams F1 Team. However, the lack of performance by Williams in the 2018 F1 season, has made him rethink his approach.
Even before the buyout by Lawrence Stroll, there were rumours regarding Lance's move to Force India. However, the Canadian F1 driver stayed away from them, without any comments.
Now with Lawrence Stroll buying the team, it has been confirmed that Lance will drive for Force India, latest by 2019.
This move from Lawrence Stroll further opens up the driver market for the 2019 season. Currently, Force India has Esteban Ocon and Sergio Perez as their main drivers. However, another set of reports suggest that Ocon is already received a few offers, especially from Renault's Factory F1 team.
Carlos Sainz who currently drives for the Renault F1 Team, alongside Hiko Hulkenburg, is said to move to Mclaren. He will replace Stoffel Vandoorne, to race alongside fellow Spaniard and two-time World Champion, Fernando Alonso.
Thoughts On Lawrence Stroll Buying Force India F1 Team
The Force India F1 Team recently admitted to facing financial issues which are affecting their development. However, now with Lawrence Stroll buying the team, they hope to solve the issue and come out stronger during the next season.