- 19 hrs ago Bentley Book Costs More Than A Luxury House — Rs 1.80 Crore For A Book!
- 1 day ago Bajaj Auto Confirms November Launch For Husqvarna Twins — And So Our Watch Begins
- 1 day ago Bike Sales Report India For April 2019: Two-Wheeler Sales Slide By 16.3 Per Cent
- 1 day ago Benelli Imperiale 400 Spotted In India — Launching 2020
- Technology Best camera smartphones to buy right now under Rs. 20,000
- Lifestyle Huma Qureshi’s Cannes 2019 Red Carpet Gown Is Totally Surreal And Gives Waves Effect
- News This video of Differently-Abled man delivering food on Tricycle is winning hearts online
- Movies Dreams Do Come True! Hina Khan Poses With Priyanka Chopra & Nick Jones At Cannes Chopard Party!
- Sports AC Milan 2 Frosinone 0: Piatek and Suso keep top-four hopes intact
- Education WB Madhyamik Result 2019 Likely To Be Released on May 21
- Finance Here's How Google Is Tracking Your Online Purchases
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Skoda Superb Sportline Bookings Open: Skoda Auto India has officially started accepting bookings of the sportier version of their flagship saloon — the Superb Sportline. The Czech-origin Volkswagen-owned company will launch the new Skoda Superb Sportline in the country on October 15, 2018. The Sportline variant will lie between the car's base Style and top-spec L&K (Lauren & Klement) trim.
The new Skoda Superb Sportline features sportier styling elements which range from the blacked-out body details to the new Blood Red paint job, plus a subtle yet sporty-looking ducktail spoiler. Chrome is almost non-existent on the saloon while there is a new set of 19-inch alloy wheels on offer (also finished in black).
On the inside, the Superb Sportline gets a mix of Alcantara, aluminium and bit of carbon-fibre. Red highlights add a certain flair to the interiors while there are no compromises on the features and equipment front, in typical Superb fashion.
The seats offer brilliant support and adequate comfort with some contrast stitching patterns. Alcantara forms the majority of the seating construction while the quilts and distinct bolsters scream sportiness all over. The cabin resembles that of the much-praised Skoda Octavia RS.
Though initial reports suggested that the Skoda Superb Sportline will be powered by the new 2.0-litre petrol engine as on the Octavia RS, sources now claim that the car will employ the existing engine choices. The 1.8-litre TSi petrol unit makes 180bhp and 250Nm of torque. It comes mated to either a 6-speed manual or a 7-speed DSG automatic transmission.
Meanwhile, the diesel variant will employ the proven 2.0-litre TDi engine which is good for 177bhp and 350Nm of torque. A 6-speed DSG automatic transmission will come as standard. However, there are chances for both the petrol and diesel engines to feature a different state of tune to stay true to the ‘Sportline' badge.
Once launched, the Skoda Superb Sportline will fill the gap for the next batch of Octavia RS models to come to India. The company has sold out all the allocated units of the Octavia RS for this year. But still, Indian petrolheads had huge hopes that the Superb Sportline would come with the same powertrain as on the RS — 2.0-litre turbocharged TSi petrol engine making 230bhp and 350Nm, mated to a 6-speed DSG unit.
As for the Superb Sportline, the expected price is around Rs 30 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi). Dealerships have started accepting bookings at an amount of Rs 50,000.
*all images are of the UK-spec Superb Sportline. The Indian version will have smaller wheels and there won't be an estate version.
Thoughts On The New Skoda Superb Sportline
The Skoda Superb has always been a really good offering in the under-50-lakh sedan category. The third-generation Skoda Superb offers almost all or even more than the features available in the entry-level saloons from luxury brands such as Audi, BMW and Mercedes-Benz, at a much lower price. While the regular Superb itself is suited for buyers from all age groups, the Sportline variant is clearly aimed towards those who love driving.