- 5 hrs ago Top-Selling Bikes In India For April 2019 — Hero MotoCorp Receives Stiff Competition From Honda
- 6 hrs ago Ducati Reveals Super Soco CUx Electric Scooter — A Piece Of MotoGP
- 6 hrs ago Royal Enfield 650 Twins Sales Figures Cross 2000 Units A Month
- 6 hrs ago Triumph To Manufacture Electric Motorcycles — Announces Project Triumph TE-1
- Technology Jabra launched Elite 85h headphones in India: Price, specification & more
- News Lok Sabha election: Counting of votes today; Nation awaits result with bated breath
- Sports England have no margin for error at World Cup, warns Stokes
- Lifestyle 10 Effective Home Remedies For Low Blood Pressure Hypotension
- Movies Harshad Chopda & Jennifer Winget Reveal Their Relationship Status & What they Hate About Each Other!
- Education TS Inter Re-verification Result 2019 Likely To Be Declared On May 27
- Finance Air India To Add Flights To Domestic And International Routes In June
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Skoda has revealed a unique concept car, the Sunroq. The Sunroq concept was created by the students of the Skoda Vocational School.
The students worked on the concept of a cabriolet version of the company's Karoq SUV. The 23 students from seven different professions, started the project back in October 2017. Within eight months, by June 2018 the Sunroq was ready to be unveiled.
The name, Sunroq, was simply derived from the SUV it was based out of, the Karoq. However, it was one of the last things on everyone's minds, hence figuring out the name proved to be a hassle.
The student took on the role of engineers, interior and exterior designers, marketers and mechanics to create the sunroq. The students were also given inputs by professionals at hand, to consult whether or not their ideas and plans were feasible.
The one-off Sunroq concept retains the same dimensions of the Karoq SUV. The concept even features the same 1.5-litre, four-cylinder, TSI engine producing 204bhp.
However, everything else has been completely revamped by the students. The Skoda Sunroq though being a functional concept car has a top speed of 195km/h.
The students redesigned the tailgate, which now features a bespoke item that houses the central brake light.
The car is a permanent open-top roadster. The interiors feature a bespoke dual-tone white and red colour scheme to match the exteriors.
Features on the Skoda Sunroq include puddle lighting underneath the doors and an illuminated Skoda badging at the front.
Thoughts On The Skoda Sunroq Concept
Though the Skoda Sunroq will never make it into production, it acts as a sign of what the 2020 Volkswagen T-Roc would look like. The VW T-Roc will be the convertible version of the Golf expected to be unveiled soon.