TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- NIA Officially Takes Over Probe Into Pulwama Terror Attack
- Schalke 2 Manchester City 3 — 10-Man Visitors Strike Late Through Sane & Sterling
- Tata 45X’s Teaser Video Out — Production-Spec Tata 45X To Be Unveiled At Geneva Motor Show
- Cobrapost Sting Operation: Sunny Leone & Sonu Sood Deny All The Allegations!
- Vivo V15 Pro Launched At Rs 28,990 — The Good, Bad & The X factor
- Nutrition: Blood & Marrow Transplant
- Best Places To Visit In India In March: A 2019 Must-visit Checklist
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
Skoda has revealed a unique concept car, the Sunroq. The Sunroq concept was created by the students of the Skoda Vocational School.
The students worked on the concept of a cabriolet version of the company's Karoq SUV. The 23 students from seven different professions, started the project back in October 2017. Within eight months, by June 2018 the Sunroq was ready to be unveiled.
The name, Sunroq, was simply derived from the SUV it was based out of, the Karoq. However, it was one of the last things on everyone's minds, hence figuring out the name proved to be a hassle.
The student took on the role of engineers, interior and exterior designers, marketers and mechanics to create the sunroq. The students were also given inputs by professionals at hand, to consult whether or not their ideas and plans were feasible.
The one-off Sunroq concept retains the same dimensions of the Karoq SUV. The concept even features the same 1.5-litre, four-cylinder, TSI engine producing 204bhp.
However, everything else has been completely revamped by the students. The Skoda Sunroq though being a functional concept car has a top speed of 195km/h.
The students redesigned the tailgate, which now features a bespoke item that houses the central brake light.
The car is a permanent open-top roadster. The interiors feature a bespoke dual-tone white and red colour scheme to match the exteriors.
Features on the Skoda Sunroq include puddle lighting underneath the doors and an illuminated Skoda badging at the front.
Thoughts On The Skoda Sunroq Concept
Though the Skoda Sunroq will never make it into production, it acts as a sign of what the 2020 Volkswagen T-Roc would look like. The VW T-Roc will be the convertible version of the Golf expected to be unveiled soon.