TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- NIA Officially Takes Over Probe Into Pulwama Terror Attack
- Schalke 2 Manchester City 3 — 10-Man Visitors Strike Late Through Sane & Sterling
- Tata 45X’s Teaser Video Out — Production-Spec Tata 45X To Be Unveiled At Geneva Motor Show
- Cobrapost Sting Operation: Sunny Leone & Sonu Sood Deny All The Allegations!
- Vivo V15 Pro Launched At Rs 28,990 — The Good, Bad & The X factor
- Nutrition: Blood & Marrow Transplant
- Best Places To Visit In India In March: A 2019 Must-visit Checklist
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
Skoda Rapid Onyx Edition Details: Skoda India has launched a new special variant of their C-segment sedan — the Rapid Onyx Edition, at a starting price of Rs 9.75 ex-showroom (India). The Rapid Onyx brings only cosmetic enhancements and a few feature additions, compared to the regular model. The special edition of the Skoda Rapid is also available with two new paint options: Lapiz Blue and Candy White.
The design of the Skoda Rapid Onyx Edition carries a gloss black theme which contrasts really well with the primary shade. The Czech brand's signature butterfly grille has got a chrome surround which adds a bit of elegance to the front profile. The projector headlamps also get a black treatment.
The sedan rides on a neat-looking set of 16-inch black Clubber alloy wheels with matching bolt covers. Furthermore, the black treatment extends to the ORVMs, side beadings and trunk lip garnish.
The interiors get a dual-tone Ebony-Sand finish along with a mix of wood and leatherette elements. The 6.5-inch ‘Drive' touchscreen infotainment system supports both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. In addition to this, the Skoda Rapid Onyx Edition comes with a host of safety features as standard.
The Skoda Rapid Onyx Edition, as mentioned before, has the same mechanicals as of the regular model. The 1.6-litre MPi petrol engine makes 104bhp and 153Nm of torque while the 1.5-litre TDi diesel unit produces 109bhp and 250Nm.
Both engines are available mated to a 5-speed manual or an automatic transmission (6-speed in the petrol and 7-speed DSG on the diesel).
You can know more about the car in our official Skoda Rapid Review.
*except for the first image, all other images are of the regular model.
Thoughts On The New Skoda Rapid Onyx Edition
The Skoda Rapid Onyx Edition certainly looks apart from the regular model with the unique paint finish. The Skoda Rapid showcases the best of German engineering and is known for its class-leading build quality. With the new Onyx Edition, Skoda India expects more sales traction for their C-segment offering. What do you think of this special edition Skoda Rapid?