TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Apple iPhone XR Available Via Airtel Online Store Starting At Rs 14,999 EMI
- The Beautiful Tringalwadi Fort Is A Perfect Escape From Nashik!
- What Causes Anencephaly And What Are Its Symptoms?
- Nana Patekar: I Am Being Mentally Harassed By Tanushree Dutta, My Name Has Sufferd Incomparable Loss
- New Maruti WagonR Production Begins In India — Launch Soon
- India Vs West Indies: Virat Kohli In Line To Break These ODI Records
- 6 Pension Payment Related Bank Norms That Government Employees Should Know
Rimac Automobili has unveiled the new C_Two electric supercar. The C_Two or Concept Two is an autonomous supercar. The C_Two is also claimed to be the quickest accelerating supercar ever made. On first glance, the C_Two looks identical to the Concept One.
The Rimac Concept Two has four electric motors; one for each wheel. The motors powered by a 120kWh Lithium-Magnesium-Nickel battery pack. The battery is capable of giving a range of 650 kilometres.
The front wheels have a single-speed transmission as in conventional electric cars while the rear wheels get a 2-speed gearbox. The motors are placed inside the wheel. The wheels are aerodynamically designed for low drag and efficient motor cooling.
The Rimac C_Two makes 1887bhp and 2300Nm of torque (Yes, you've read it right!). The electric supercar can hit 100km/h in just 1.85 seconds, making it the quickest production car ever made. The Tesla Roadster can hit 100km/h in 1.9 seconds. The top speed of the Rimac Concept Two stands at 412km/h.
The electric motors of the Rimac C_Two are oil-cooled. With an active front hood and rear spoiler, the Rimac Concept Two offers atremendous amount of downforce and a drag coefficient of just 0.28.
The C_Two is also equipped with an advanced torque-vectoring unit. The unit supports Rimac's new ‘Extended Drift Mode' capable of keeping the car sideways for a prolonged period of time.
In addition to all this, the Rimac C_Two is a Level 4 Autonomous car. With the help of 8 cameras, LIDAR (Light Detection and Ranging), 6 Radars, 12 ultrasonic sensors for lane assist and automatic braking, the Rimac Concept Two can drive on its own.
The electric supercar can also perform well on the track with a set of assists. The assists work by learning the twists and turns of the track, using GPS.
Thoughts On The New Rimac C_Two Or Concept Two
The Rimac C_Two is clearly aimed at the Tesla Roadster which shocked the world with its insane acceleration figures. Although the word ‘Concept' is present in its name, the C_Two will be a production model limited to at least 150 units. With 72 ECUs and 400 sensors, the Rimac C_Two could just be the most advanced supercar in this timeframe.