- 15 hrs ago Range Rover Sport Launched With New 2.0-Litre Petrol Engine — Prices Start At 86.71 Lakh
- 15 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Launched — TVC Targets Younger Buyers
- 16 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Variants Explained In Detail — The Best Model Of The Lot!
- 17 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Launched — Top Five Features And Everything You Need To Know
- Finance Third-Party Motor Insurance Cover Set To Become Expensive
- Technology Xiaomi Mi 9T gets certified hinting imminent launch
- News Why does the opposition play good EVM, bad EVM selectively: BJP
- Movies Salman Khan TAKES A SHARP JIBE At Priyanka Chopra For Choosing Wedding With Nick Jonas Over Bharat
- Sports FIFA working on solution for Women's World Cup ticketing issue
- Lifestyle Sonam Kapoor Ahuja’s Modern Suit At Cannes 2019 Has A Timeless Touch And She Looks Flawless
- Education Goa Board SSC Result 2019: 92.47% Students Passed
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
The Global NCAP (New Car Assessment Programme) has revealed the crash test results for the Renault Lodgy. The Renault Lodgy has scored a poor zero-star rating in the latest crash test conducted by the Global NCAP.
In the adult occupant protection category, the Renault Lodgy scored zero stars as the base variant of the MPV was not equipped with airbags. Global NCAP also stated that due to the unstable structure of the Lodgy, there were deformations in multiple areas during the impact test.
In the child occupant protection category, the Renault Lodgy scored two-star rating. The crash test report states that the lack of ISOFIX child safety seat mounts could be dangerous in case of an accident. The Renault Lodgy which was crash tested was the base variant of the MPV.
The currently sold Renault Lodgy does not even offer ABS as standard and this also impacted the safety rating of the MPV. During the impact test, the rear door of the MPV also developed deformations and there was also a rupture in the footwell area.
The Lodgy is not the first car to get a zero-star rating, the Renault Kwid had also scored zero-star rating for the base variant. The Kwid with the driver airbag managed to score a poor one-star rating. With the latest crash test results, it's high time for Renault to improve the safety of the cars.
The top-spec RxZ trim of the Renault Lodgy features dual front airbags for the driver and passenger. But the base and the mid-spec RxE misses out on the vital safety feature. The lack of airbags is one of the main reason for such a poor rating for the Lodgy MPV.
Thoughts On Renault Lodgy Getting Zero-Star Safety Rating
The Renault Lodgy has scored a poor zero-star rating in the latest crash tests conducted by the Global NCAP. The main reason for the poor rating in the lack of essential safety equipment. Renault should consider offering vital safety features as standard across all the variants. We expect Renault to learn from their mistakes and offer safer cars to the customers.