TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Huawei Mate 20, Huawei Mate 20 Pro Officially Launched With Kirin 980 SoC
- The Beachside Town Of Vatakara In Kerala And Its Beautiful Attractions
- Malnutrition In Children And Adults: Causes, Effects And Prevention
- Smita Patil's 65th Birth Anniversary: The Cinema Goddess Who Dazzled Like No Other!
- Isuzu MU-X Facelift Launched In India; Prices Start Rs 26.26 Lakh
- Sindhu Makes Shocking First Round Exit From Denmark Open; Saina Through
- BARC Recruitment 2018: Join Diploma In Radiological Physics And Become A Medical Physicist
The Renault Kwid has been one of the best-selling hatchbacks in the Indian market and now the French automaker is readying the facelifted model for the Indian market. MotorOctane has spotted the Renault Kwid facelift in India and this suggests that the facelifted Kwid will be launched soon in the country.
The Renault Kwid facelift features subtle changes to the exterior design. The new 2018 Kwid gets chrome treatment on the front grille and Kwid branding on the side stripes of the doors. Apart from that the overall design of the hatchback remains identical to the currently sold model.
The facelifted avatar of the Renault Kwid gets new features such as 12V charging socket for the passengers at the rear, chrome garnish on the door handles and a reverse parking camera cleverly integrated into the Renault diamond logo.
On the mechanical front, the Renault Kwid facelift will draw power from the existing 800cc and 1-litre three-cylinder petrol engine. Transmission options include a 5-speed manual gearbox as standard. The 1-litre engine will be offered with a 5-speed AMT gearbox on the top-spec trims.
Other features of the Renault Kwid include a power steering and air conditioning on all the variants except for the base variant. The only safety feature available on the Kwid is the driver side airbag which is offered on the top-spec models. The Kwid is expected to miss out on ABS even as an option.
With the inclusion of new features and chrome treatment, the sales of the Kwid will improve in the Indian market. The Kwid has been one of the best-selling hatchbacks in India and Renault aims to make the hatchback even more appealing to the customers.
Thoughts On The Renault Kwid Facelift
The overall design of the Renault Kwid facelift remains almost similar to the currently sold model. The facelifted version of the Kwid gets some new features to lure the customers. We expect the prices of the Kwid facelift to be more or less the same.
The Renault Kwid facelift is expected to be launched in the country during the festive season of this year. The facelifted Kwid will rival the likes of Maruti Alto, Hyundai Eon and even the upcoming new Hyundai Santro.