- 5 hrs ago 2020 Mahindra TUV300 Plus Spied Testing Ahead Of Its Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 6 hrs ago Toyota Introduces Service Campaign With Added Benefits: Valid Till 31st December
- 7 hrs ago Ola Self Drive Service Launched In Bangalore Called The ‘Ola Drive’
- 9 hrs ago Bajaj-Triumph Products Will Export From India To International Market
- Technology Xiaomi Sees 30-40% Growth In Offline Sales: Report
- Movies Karwa Chauth 2019: Inside Pics Of Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Jaya Bachchan & Sonali Bendre From Jalsa
- Sports ISL 2019-20: ATK building a legacy with focus on youth
- News Kartarpur Corridor: Reached agreement on all issues, except service fee, says MEA
- Travel How To Choose The Right Travel Insurance Policy
- Lifestyle 8 Popular Facial Oil Myths Busted For You!
- Education HTET Preparation Tips To Crack Exam In One Month
- Finance Tata Motors Shares Spike 13% As UK Strikes New Brexit Deal
2018 Paris Motor Show: French automaker Renault has revealed a new electric concept car at the 2018 Paris Motor Show. The new electric concept car is based on the Kwid hatchback and Kwid electric has been named as Renault K-ZE concept.
On the design front, the electric version of the Kwid looks similar to the standard model. But the Renault K-ZE concept features subtle changes such as sleek headlamps, redesigned grille, revamped bumper with a prominent scuff plate and large fog lamps. The K-ZE gets larger wheels and blue accents across the body.
Renault has not revealed the technical specifications of the K-ZE concept but has stated that the electric concept car will deliver a driving range of 250km on a single charge. The electric hatchback is equipped with a dual charging system which is compatible with commercial and standard home charging points.
The Renault K-ZE concept has been designed for the Chinese market and the electric avatar of the Kwid will go on sale in China in 2019. The production version of the K-ZE will be manufactured in China by e-GT New Energy Automotive Co, a joint venture between Dongfeng Motor Group and Nissan.
The Renault K-ZE concept has been designed to offer an electric mobility solution to the mass market with an affordable price tag. The electric Renault Kwid will be sold in emerging markets and we can also expect the e-Kwid to be introduced in India. But we might have to wait for a long time as the charging infrastructure is still not in place in the country.
Thoughts On The Renault Kwid Electric K-ZE Concept
The Renault Kwid K-ZE concept is basically an electric version of the Kwid hatchback. The Renault Kwid is one of the best-selling hatchbacks in the country and we can expect Renault to bring the K-ZE to the Indian shores. The low cost of K-ZE and government incentives should help Renault in bringing the electric Kwid to India.