- 1 hr ago Mahindra Stops Production Of TUV300 Automatic — Five Speed Manual Option Only
- 1 hr ago Suzuki To Stop Manufacturing Commuter Motorcycles – Will Cater To Performance Segment Only
- 2 hrs ago Tata Elxsi To Supply China With Autosar-Adaptive Platform
- 2 hrs ago Hyundai Confirms Diesel Engine Upgradation to BS-VI Norms — Will Not Discontinue Diesel Engines
- Movies Mithun Chakraborty's Son Namashi To Debut In Bollywood With Rajkumar Santoshi's Next
- Technology Lenovo Z6 Lite vs other smartphones with 6GB RAM under Rs. 20,000
- Education SSLC Revaluation Result Kerala 2019: Direct Link To Check Result
- News In Mandya, Sumalatha wins by over 90,000 votes against Nikhil Kumaraswamy
- Lifestyle 8 Dos And Don'ts After Hair Wash!
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Team analysis: New Zealand look to punch above weight, again!
- Finance Markets End Lower Even As NDA Storms Back To Power; Sensex hits 40,000 Pts
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
French automaker Renault launched the Duster compact SUV in the Indian market in 2012. Since then, the Duster was a hit in the country and helped Renault to make a name for itself in India. But now, it looks like the Renault Duster is losing to its modern rivals in the country.
CarandBike reports that Renault has officially stopped the production of 85bhp diesel variant of the Duster around two months ago. The reason behind the stoppage of production is the supply constraints and the low demand for the 85bhp diesel variant of the compact SUV.
The report also states that Renault is not accepting bookings for the 85bhp diesel variant of the Duster. The demand for the 85bhp diesel Duster has been very low from the last one year and finally, Renault decided to halt the production. But Renault is yet to decide on the discontinuation of the 85bhp diesel model.
An official from Renault said that the production of the 85bhp diesel Duster has been stopped due to disruptions in the supply chain. Currently, the company is prioritising the production of 110bhp diesel Renault Duster. The diesel iteration of the Duster draws power from a 1.5-litre engine that is offered in two power options: 85bhp and 110bhp.
Apart from that, Renault is also managing with the existing stock of the Duster petrol. But the production of the petrol model hasn't been stopped and the production is carried out on the basis of demand. Powering the petrol model of the Duster is a 1.5-litre unit that produces 106bhp.
Thoughts On The Renault Duster
The Renault Duster was the first compact SUV in the Indian market when it was launched back in 2012. But with the inception of Maruti Brezza, Ford EcoSport and the Hyundai Creta, the sales of the Duster has come down. Now, the company has stopped the production of the 85bhp diesel model and the dealers are also not accepting bookings for the same.