- 26 min ago Formula One Legend Niki Lauda Passes Away At 70
- 1 hr ago Suzuki Confirms Gixxer 250 Naked Roadster Launch — Coming Diwali 2019
- 2 hrs ago Skoda Rapid To Feature New 1.0-Litre TSI Engine — Upgrading The Czechs
- 3 hrs ago New Hyundai Venue Compact-SUV Launched In India — Prices Start At Rs 6.50 Lakh
- Movies Ambareesh's Remuneration For His Last Film Kurukshetra Will Leave You In Shock! Details Inside
- Technology Infinix S4 launched in India with triple rear camera, 32MP front camera and more
- Sports World Cup prize money not too high than IPL
- Finance Reliance Beats IOC To Become India's Biggest Company In Revenue Terms
- News Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray to attend Amit Shah's NDA dinner
- Lifestyle Bhringraj Oil: Benefits For Hair & How To Use
- Education Goa Board SSC Result 2019: 92.47% Students Passed
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Range Rover Velar launched in India. Prices for the newly launched Range Rover Velar in India start at Rs 78.83 Lakh with the top spec-variant commanding a price tag of Rs 1.37 crore. The launch of the new Velar in India sees the new SUV from Land Rover slot in between the Evoque and Range Rover Sport in the Range Rover branded SUV lineup in India.
Range Rover Velar Specifications
The new Range Rover Velar has been launched in India in both petrol and diesel guises. The 2.0-litre four-cylinder petrol engine found in the new Velar comes in two states of tune.
The base petrol Velar produces 247bhp and 365Nm of torque and sprints to 100kph from standstill in 6.7 seconds and has a top speed of 217kph.
The more powerful petrol variant of the Range Rover Velar sees the same 2.0-litre turbocharged Ingenium petrol engine kicks out 296bhp and 400Nm of torque. The more powerful petrol Velar sprints from 0-100kph in 6.0 seconds and has a top speed of 234kph.
The smaller diesel engine for the new Range Rover Velar in India is a turbocharged 2.0-litre four-cylinder unit that produces 177.5bhp and 430Nm of torque. The base diesel Velar acceleratesfrom 0–100kph in 8.9 seconds and has a top speed of 189kph.
The top-spec diesel engine is the largest on offer and is a 3.0-litre turbo V6. The Velar V6 diesel produces 296bhp and 700Nm of torque and sprints to 100kph in 6.5 seconds and has a top speed of 241kph.
All variants of the new Range Rover Velar in India are coupled with an 8-speed automatic gearbox which sends power and torque to all four wheels.
Range Rover Velar Design & Features
The new Range Rover Velar features a more coupe-ish design compared to Range Rover siblings with a sharply raked windshield and a lower roofline. The Velar features sleek headlights and tail lamps which are an evolution of the ones found on the Evoque.
Inside, the Velar features three displays one of which replaces the analogue instrument binnacle. The other two displays are found on the centre console with the upper screen featuring the ability to tilt forward towards the Velar's occupants. The upper display controls the infotainment system while the lower controls the climate control and terrain response systems.
The Velar comes packed with a host of features including a large sunroof and the Terrain response system along with safety features like six airbags, ABS, Electronic Traction Control and Electronic Brake-force Distribution along with ISOFIX child seat mounting points.
Thoughts on Land Rover Launching The Range Rover Velar in India
The launch of the new Range Rover Velar in India sees the most road-focused Land Rover model ever hit the streets of the Indian sub-continent. With its variety of petrol and diesel engines on offer, along with a crazy triple display interior, the Velar is the luxury SUV for the owner who wants to stand out from the rest of the crowd.