TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- NIA Officially Takes Over Probe Into Pulwama Terror Attack
- Schalke 2 Manchester City 3 — 10-Man Visitors Strike Late Through Sane & Sterling
- Tata 45X’s Teaser Video Out — Production-Spec Tata 45X To Be Unveiled At Geneva Motor Show
- Cobrapost Sting Operation: Sunny Leone & Sonu Sood Deny All The Allegations!
- Vivo V15 Pro Launched At Rs 28,990 — The Good, Bad & The X factor
- Nutrition: Blood & Marrow Transplant
- Best Places To Visit In India In March: A 2019 Must-visit Checklist
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
British luxury SUV manufacturer Land Rover is all set to launch the Range Rover Evoque Convertible in India. Autocar India reports that the luxury convertible SUV will be launched in the country on March 27, 2018.
The Range Rover Evoque Convertible made its public debut at the 2015 Los Angeles Motor Show.
The Range Rover Evoque Convertible will draw power from the existing 2-litre Ingenium four-cylinder petrol engine producing 240bhp and 340Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a 9-speed automatic gearbox delivering power to all the four wheels. The same engine is deployed in the Velar.
The Range Rover Evoque Convertible can sprint from 0-100km/h in just 8.1 seconds and is capable of reaching a top speed of 217km/h. The drop-top variant of the Evoque will be offered on the HSE Dynamic trim and comes loaded with features.
The Range Rover Evoque Convertible will get premium features such as adaptive LED headlights, leather seats, ambient lighting and navigation. The convertible SUV also gets reinforced monocoque chassis with reinforced door panels to make up for the absence of a roof.
The prominent highlight of the Range Rover Evoque Convertible is the electrically operated fabric convertible roof. The roof can be operated in around 20 seconds when the SUV is travelling at speeds of up to 48km/h.
Land Rover states that the fabric roof is equipped with an acoustic inner lining to minimise the road noise and enhance the cabin isolation. A wind deflector is also offered to reduce air draft when the roof is open. The SUV also features a pop-up roll bar which deploys in case of an accident.
DriveSpark's Thoughts On The Range Rover Evoque Convertible SUV
The Range Rover Evoque Convertible will be India's first luxury convertible SUV. The drop-top Evoque is based on the HSE Dynamic edition and will be loaded with premium features. Apart from the convertible roof, the overall design remains identical to the regular Evoque.
We expect the Range Rover Evoque Convertible to be priced in the range of Rs 80 lakh to Rs 85 lakh ex-showroom.