TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
Group PSA is likely to enter the Indian car market in 2019. The French carmaker is expected to introduce a Citroen SUV model sometime next year. According to ET Auto, PSA is working on a top-down approach for India.
The company plans to build up their brand image, for the first two years. After which, the company will introduce mass-volume products into the market.
PSA is planning to import the Citroen C84 or the Citroen C5-Aircross In India. The company will later transition to mass-volume sales in the country.
The company is also planning to start assembly of vehicles at its plant in Chennai. However, this is yet to receive final approval.
The new SUV offering from PSA Group will take on the rivals such as the Jeep Compass, Hyundai Tucson and the upcoming Skoda Karoq in India.
PSA will first set-up ‘Experience Stores' across major cities across the country. This will help potential customers experience the brand first-hand. The company will then establish itself with over 80 to 100 dealerships in the next three or four years.
The French carmaker has already started to assemble the core team for its India Operations. Officials from various carmakers like Tata Motors, General Motors and BMW have been taken on board already.
Being the second largest carmaker in Europe, PSA has constantly been increasing its presence in the country. The company will further accelerate hiring positions from the beginning of the Third quarter of this fiscal year.
Thoughts On The PSA Group India Entry
PSA Group will take a top-down approach in the Indian car market. The company is expected to bring in mass-volume products later in the future. PSA is also working on the Smart Car projects for the Indian market. This includes two compact SUVs and a sedan.