- 3 hrs ago Toyota Urban Cruiser Deliveries Begin During Navaratri Across India
- 5 hrs ago New Royal Enfield Riding Jackets Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 4,950
- 7 hrs ago Andhra Pradesh State Civil Supplies Corporation Orders 6413 Units Of The Tata Ace Gold
- 22 hrs ago BGauss Inaugurates Its First Showroom In Maharashtra: Read More To Find Out
- Movies Amyra Dastur's Lawyer On Luviena Lodh's Drugs Allegations: Completely False, Unfounded And Malicious
- Finance Franklin Templeton Debt MF Wind Up Needs Unit Holder Consent: HC
- Sports IPL 2020: Match 42: KKR vs DC: Delhi Capitals win toss, to bowl; both teams ring in two changes each
- News Give free COVID-19 vaccine to entire nation: Kejriwal
- Technology Flipkart Big Diwali Sale On Smartphones And Other Electronics Gadgets
- Lifestyle Durga Ashtami 2020: Tanishaa Mukerji Wins Us With Her Simple Saree Look; Perfect For Festive Events
- Education CTET Score Validity: NCTE Extends Validity of CTET Score Card To Lifetime
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In November
Porsche has launched their most powerful and track-focussed 911 in India, the GT2 RS. The powerful road-legal Porsche comes with a price tag of Rs 3.88 crore, ex-showroom (India).
Porsche states that they have allocated more than one unit for India. The 911 GT2 RS was first showcased at the Goodwood Festival of Speed last year. The second-generation GT2 RS sits at the top of the 911 range with its high-performance figures.
The Porsche GT2 RS is the latest performance version of the 911 to enter India. The German car manufacturer already launched the GT3 in India back in 2017.
The Porsche 911 GT2 RS is powered by a 3.8-litre, flat-six-cylinder, twin-turbocharged engine. It produces a massive 700bhp and 750Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a seven-speed dual clutch gearbox, popularly known as PDK (Porsche Doppelkupplung), sending power to the rear wheels.
The car can sprint from 0 - 100km/h in just 2.8 seconds, while reaching a top speed of 340km/h.
The Porsche 911 GT2 RS comes with Active Suspension Management. This system adjusts damping on each wheel, based on the road condition. The car also receives rear-axle steering and Porsche's torque vectoring system.
Other standard features on the 911 GT2 RS include the Porsche Stability Management System and carbon ceramic brakes.
The Porsche 911 GT2 RS has shed a lot of weight. The roof of the GT2 RS is made up of magnesium. While Carbon fibre is used all around the car including the hood, front splitter, rear wing and the boot lid.
The windows on the car use a plastic-like material for further weight saving. While the GT2 RS comes with a full titanium exhaust system as well.
The weight-saving extends to the interiors as well. The car misses out on door handles, comfort seats and even a proper dashboard. The 911 GT2 RS comes standard with Carbon-Fibre Reinforced Plastic (CFRP) bucket seats. These are upholstered in a mix of black leather and red Alcantara.
As an optional feature, Porsche also offers the ‘Weissach Package' on the 911 GT2 RS. This further reduces the weight of the car by 30kg.
With this package, the 911 GT2 RS will get carbon fibre bits on the roof, anti-roll bar and coupling rods. The package will also offer lighter magnesium wheels.
With the ‘Weissach' package, the interiors of the GT2 RS further misses out on the infotainment and the climate control systems as well.
Thoughts On The Porsche 911 GT2 RS
The 911 GT2 RS is one of the most powerful and track-focussed cars to come out of the Porsche stable. The GT2 RS also currently holds the lap record at the Nurburgring for a road-legal rear-wheel drive supercar. The Porsche 911 GT2 RS recorded a lap time of 6:47.3.