- 7 hrs ago Steelbird Tyres Launches Puncture RSA Across India – Fix Your Flat With Ease
- 8 hrs ago India Proposes Electrifying All Two Wheelers Within 6 And 8 Years
- 9 hrs ago Mahindra Stops Production Of TUV300 Automatic — Five Speed Manual Option Only
- 10 hrs ago Suzuki To Stop Manufacturing Commuter Motorcycles – Will Cater To Performance Segment Only
- Lifestyle Rakulpreet's Latest Attire For A Movie Promotion Deserves All Your Attention
- News The Congress scored a 0 in these 16 states/UTs
- Sports Neymar, Mbappe could leave PSG, hints Tuchel
- Movies When Prabhas Talked About Anushka Shetty’s Star Power Even Before Baahubali!
- Technology Redmi K20 series price leaks ahead of launch
- Finance Sensex At 45,000, Nifty At 13,500 By June 2020 On Modi's Return: Morgan Stanley
- Education SSLC Revaluation Result Kerala 2019: Direct Link To Check Result
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
In November 2017, a certain white Lamborghini Huracan hit the headlines for becoming a gift to the Head of the Catholic Church, Pope Francis. Last month, the same Huracan was put up for auction. Now, the most-blessed Lamborghini ever known to mankind has been sold at the auction at RM Sotheby's Monte Carlo Grimaldi Forum.
The Lamborghini Huracan LP580-2 was gifted to the Pope at the Vatican by Stefano Domenicali, Head of Lamborghini. The Pope then blessed and signed the car before giving it away for auction.
The rear-wheel-drive Huracan received 861,575 US dollars (Rs 5.82 crore*) at the auction. The expected amount was in the range of Rs 2.20 to 2.80 crore, proving the value of the Pope's signature. The details of the buyer haven't been disclosed.
*Note that all the amount in Rupees are just direct conversions, without including taxes that are otherwise subject to in India
The Huracan has been painted exclusively by Lamborghini's customisation division – Ad Personam. The one-off Lamborghini features a Bianco Monocerus (white) primary finish with stripes of Giallo Tiberino (golden yellow) that go across.
The colour theme is inspired by the flag of Vatican City.
The Lamborghini Huracan LP580-2 is powered by a 5.2-litre naturally-aspirated V10 engine that makes 572bhp and 540Nm of torque. All the power is sent to the rear wheels via a 7-speed dual-clutch transmission.
The supercar can hit 100km/h from a standstill in just 3.4 seconds and can attain a top speed of 320km/h.
The LP580-2 is the base variant of the Lamborghini Huracan. Other models include:
- LP580-2 Roadster
- LP610-4 Coupe
- LP610-4 Roadster
- LP640-4 Performante Coupe
- LP640-4 Performante Roadster
The amount collected by auctioning the Huracan will be donated to the Pope. The Pope will then be using the same to fund three causes: Helping the Christian community in the Nineveh Plain of Iraq; Pope John XXIII Community that helps victims of abuse and trafficking; and the Italian associations that assist African women and children.
As for those who wonder what the Pope drives, His Holiness prefers public transport or the normal issues by the church management. He also drives a 1984 Renault 4, gifted to him by a priest.
Thoughts On The Pope's Lamborghini Huracan LP580-2
While a regular Lamborghini Huracan itself is an unattainable dream for many, the fact that this particular example has been crafted exclusively for the Pope makes the car even more special. Lamborghini's Ad Personam has created a lot of unique products. However, the Pope's Huracan will find a unique place in their portfolio.
Would you have bought this Lamborghini Huracan ‘Vatican Edition' if you had the money?