- 9 hrs ago Ratan Tata Invests In Electric Two Wheeler Start Up Tork Motors
- 11 hrs ago New (Upcoming) Kia Cars Launches In India: Two Models Confirmed Including Carnival & New Compact-SUV
- 12 hrs ago Hyundai Tucson Extreme Off-Road Video: SUV Gets Stuck & Rescued By Jeep Cherokee
- 12 hrs ago Jawa Anniversary Edition Detailed On Official Video: 90 Units Only
- Technology Dell G3 3590 Gaming Laptop Review: Affordable Gaming Gets Better
- News Bank jobs for 10th pass:115 Indian Bank peon vacancies announced; Peon jobs apply online link here
- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada 7 Updates Day 1: Bhoomi Shetty Becomes The First Captain Of This Season!
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019, Eliminator 2: Raiders power U Mumba past Haryana Steelers
- Lifestyle Health And Wellness Tips For College Students
- Education Who Is Abhijit Banerjee? 10 Facts About Indian-origin Economist Who Has Won Nobel Prize
- Finance CPI: Retail Inflation Rises To 3.99% In September
- Travel Top 10 Indian Cities For Food Lovers
Pininfarina reveals their all-electric hypercar, the Pininfarina Battista. Italian design-firm and coach-builder turned car manufacturer Pininfarina has revealed their first car as a standalone car manufacturer - The Pininfarina Battista.
Pininfarina was founded in 1930 by Battista Pinin Farina in the Italian city of Turin. The company focused on building premium coaches on rolling chassis made by other automotive manufacturers.
Soon, Pininfarina was recognised for their unique designs and for their capability of building great coaches. Pininfarina later became a worldwide phenomena when manufacturers like Ferrari went to them for car designs. Ferrari cars designed by Pininfarina were sold from 1951 till 2017.
Pininfarina therefore indirectly made several Iconic cars, but the dream was to make Pininfarina a standalone company. The aim of Pininfarina developing and manufacturing cars as a standalone company is now finally being realised after nearly 90 years.
In 2015, the Mahindra group bought controlling stake in Pininfarina and earlier this year, Mahindra launched Automobili Pininfarina. Automobili Pininfarina was launched with the aim of developing and manufacturing premium electric cars.
The company had then revealed the K350 electric SUV and the H500 electric sedan at the Beijing Motor Show earlier this year. Now, Automobili Pininfarina has teased the Battista and claimed that it will be the fastest car produced in Italy.
Now this might at first seem to be a tall claim as Italy has produced some of the fastest cars in the planet including Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati and Pagani. If the Pininfarina Battista is faster than all the cars produced by these supercar manufacturers, it will be faster than most cars produced in the world too.
Pininfarina co-develop the powertrain with Rimac which in itself is a well-established electric hypercar manufacturer. The Pininfarina Battista will be propelled by electric motors that together produce a power output of 1,900bhp and a peak torque output of 2,300Nm. Just to put it in perspective, the Bugatti Chiron puts out 1,479bhp and 1,600Nm.
With figures like these, the Pininfarina Battista will have stellar performance. Pininfarina claims that the Battista can accelerate from 0-100km/h in under 2 seconds and will go on to touch a top speed of just above 400km/h.
It isn't just outright performance that is on offer with the Pininfarina Battista. The electric hypercar also has a range of 483 kilometres on a single charge which also makes it very practical.
Design details are not out yet but the teaser image does reveal a few details. The Pininfarina Battista sports a sharp yet suave design that is futuristic. The teaser image reveals an LED strip up front that runs across the entire breadth of the car. Automobili Pininfarina is based in Turin, Italy and will produce the Battista in Europe and then ship it to other parts of the world.
Thoughts On Pininfarina Battista Electric Hypercar
It is only befitting that Pininfarina's first car as a standalone company should be named after its founder. Though Battista Pinin Farina had envisioned Pininfarina to be a standalone company some day, we are sure he wouldn't have thought that its first car would be an all-electric hypercar.
At the same time, we are sure he would be overwhelmed with its performance. What makes the Pininfarina Battista even more special s the fact that it is being launched by Mahindra Automotive. This also opens up the possibility of Pininfarina making a debut in India.