TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
French car manufacturer Peugeot is planning to enter the Indian market in 2019. The company has already partnered with CK Birla to manufacture cars in India.
The first product from the stable of Peugeot in the country will be a hatchback, which is likely to be the 208. Now, TeamBHP has spotted a group of 208s in India, bearing Pune RTO registration number.
The vehicles are said to be registered to "PCA Motors Pvt Ltd" which suggests that Peugeot will be setting up a registered office or manufacturing plant in and around Pune. The 208 hatchback has been spotted several times on Indian roads, but they were bearing temporary registration plates.
The Peugeot 208 is an entry-level hatchback with the modern and sporty design. The front fascia of the 208 features sweptback headlamps with projector lights, large grille with thick chrome surrounding, round fog lamps with chrome housing and aggressively designed bumper.
The interior of the Peugeot 208 sports all-black theme with three-spoke steering wheel and touchscreen infotainment system. The interior looks upmarket as it gets chrome accents on the AC vents and door handles. Overall the dashboard layout is simple and neatly designed.
The spotted group of 208s appears to be the top-spec variant of the hatchback as it features power windows and electrically operated ORVMs. But the car misses out on engine Start/Stop button. Other features include front disc brakes, dual front and side airbags.
The data from the registration number reveals that petrol engine powers the Peugeot 208, but technical details are not available. The India-spec 208 is likely to draw power from a 1.2-litre three-cylinder petrol engine producing around 80bhp. Peugeot is also expected to offer a diesel engine as well.
Peugeot is gearing up for its India entry in 2019 and has been testing the 208 in the country for quite some time. Now, the company has registered its cars in India which suggests that the automaker is ready to set up its shop in India. The 208 hatchback will rival the Maruti Swift in India.
Maruti will be introducing the new third-gen Swift in India this year with an updated design. The Peugeot 208 also looks modern and sporty and will be a fitting rival to the Swift. Peugeot will introduce the 208 hatchbacks in India in 2019.