- 43 min ago Yamaha FZ-X Launched In India At Rs 1.16 Lakh: Retro Design, Bluetooth Connectivity Available
- 13 hrs ago Hyundai Alcazar India Launch Price Rs 16.30 Lakh: 7-Seater, Panoramic Sunroof Available
- 16 hrs ago BMW 5 Series Facelift To Be Launched In India On 24 June With New Features & Updated Design
- 22 hrs ago Revolt RV400 Prices Dropped By Rs 28,200: Bookings Reopen From June 18
- Movies Jagame Thandhiram Review: Dhanush’s Gangster Drama Is Purely Meant For Thrill Seekers & Comedy Aficionados
- Technology Alleged Vivo Tablet With 8,040 mAh Battery Appears On TUV Listing; What To Expect?
- Sports ISL: Kerala Blasters appoint Ivan Vukomanovic as new head coach
- Finance Know All About New TDS Rules From July 1, 2021
- News PM Modi launches ‘Customized Crash Course' to train over 1 lakh Covid frontline workers
- Education Father’s Day 2021: Know History, Significance And All About This Special Day
- Lifestyle Gigi Hadid Teases Fans With Her Summer-Perfect Tangerine-Yellow Eye Makeup; Copy It Now!
- Travel 10 Best Wildlife Sanctuaries To Visit In India In Monsoon
At Rs 121 crore or 17.6 million US dollars, the Pagani Zonda HP Barchetta becomes the most expensive car in the world. The title was previously held by the Rolls-Royce Sweptail – a one-off product priced at Rs 89 crore and designed in the shape of a yacht. Only three examples of the HP Barchetta exist, out of which one is owned by the company's founder, Horacio Pagani.
The Italian hypercar company first unveiled the Zonda HP Barchetta at the 2017 Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance. The car was meant to be a gift to Horacio Pagani on his 60th birthday.
The HP Barchetta also commemorates the Pagani Zonda model's 18th anniversary; the car on which it is based. Zonda models were produced from 1999 to 2017, after which it was replaced by the Pagani Huayra.
Pagani models, in general, are considered as works of art. The hypercars showcase beautiful carbon-fibre body panels with the utmost attention to detail. The interiors are also made out of the finest fabrics available.
As for the HP Barchetta, the car carries a unique design compared to other Zonda models. The low windshield, narrow roof scoop, wide rear spoiler and the partially-covered rear wheel arch, all help in adding a certain flair to the hypercar.
The car is a result of several hours of hard work by the company's Uno-di-Uno (one-of-one) division. Uno-di-Uno consists of a highly-skilled team who work on extra-special Pagani products using unique materials and tooling.
The HP Barchetta isn't meant to be an outright hypercar, though it has got every ounce of performance you would ever need. Pagani models are often considered as more of a lifestyle product rather than cars to set track records.
Speaking about performance, the Pagani Zonda HP Barchetta is powered by a 7.3-litre naturally-aspirated Mercedes-AMG V12 engine that makes 790bhp and 850Nm of torque. The power plant comes mated to a 6-speed manual gearbox which sends all the power to the rear wheels. The hypercar weighs just 1250 kilogrammes.
The Zonda HP Barchetta was recently showcased at this year's Goodwood Festival Of Speed; the same event at which the first Indian electric hypercar – the Vazirani Shul – was unveiled.
Thoughts On The World's Most Expensive Car
The Pagani Zonda is one of the most respected names in the automotive world. The heritage of the brand and the profile of Horacio Pagani are some of the reasons why such hypercars have no problem infinding buyers. Is the Zonda HP Barchetta the best product from Pagani? Absolutely not. But it is certainly one of the most exquisite.
If the world's most expensive car interested you, check out the world's most expensive motorcycle – here!