- Kerala Floods 2018 — Major Automotive Brands Lend Out Support
- Kerala Floods 2018 — Facts & Precautions To Know While Driving Through The Flooding
- Ducati And Hero MotoCorp Partnership — Another 300cc Sportsbike In The Works?
- BMW M2 Competition Listed On Indian Website — The Best Modern M-Car Should Launch In India Soon!
- Cashless Payment For Fuel To Be Common Soon — Indian Oil Starts Fingerprint Payment In Bhopal
- Polaris India Debuts 83rd PEZ (Polaris Experience Zone) — An Adventure Destination For All Ages
Ola Cabs have introduced in-trip insurance covers for riders. Users of the app-based cab service can avail the insurance by paying a premium of just Rs 1 for intra-city travel.
The Bangalore-based cab services, Ola Cabs, have partnered with Acko General Insurance Ltd and ICICI Lombard General Insurance to launch the ‘Chalo Befikar' program across more than 110 cities in India.
The company will offer opt-in insurance for riders at a premium of Rs 1 per ride for intra-city rides, Rs 10 for Ola Rentals and Rs 15 for Ola Outstation Rides. By paying the premium amount users can avail an insurance policy of up to Rs 5 Lakh, which will cover for missed flights, loss of baggage, loss of laptop and emergency hotel requirements among others.
Speaking about the new insurance covers, Vishal Kaul, Chief Operating Officer at Ola said, "We are thrilled to introduce in-trip insurance for our customers under the ‘Chalo Befikar' insurance program. Just for INR 1, Ola customers can avail an insurance policy of INR 5 lakh which will also provide cover for missed flights, loss of baggage, loss of laptop, emergency hotel requirements, and many more. The launch of this initiative, a first of its kind in India, reiterates our resolve of building customer-first solutions."
The optional in-trip insurance can be purchased through the Ola app, while the claim can be made either through the Ola app or through Acko's website, mobile app or call centre. The insurance covers will be available to users across all categories: cabs, rickshaws, kaali-peeli and e-rickshaws
Thoughts On Ola Cabs In-Trip Insurance
Ola is the first smart mobility platform in India with the ‘chalo befikar' program with a comprehensive insurance covers. The in-trip insurance policy is meant to provide Ola users with a cover for any loss of belongings, missed flights or emergency requirements.