- 7 hrs ago Mahindra Thar 700 Launched In India At Rs 9.99 Lakh — Limited Numbers Of A Fantastic SUV
- 7 hrs ago MG Motors Plans To Launch eZS All Electric SUV — Slated For Late 2019
- 7 hrs ago Renault Triber Teased Ahead Of Global Unveil
- 9 hrs ago Tata Tigor Automatic Launched In India — Prices Start At Rs 6.39 Lakh
- News Weather today: Rains to pick up pace around weekend in Mumbai
- Technology Indian Consumer Prefer To Watch OTT Content For Free
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Super Shakib inspires Bangladesh to thumping win over Windies
- Lifestyle 8 Astonishing Health Benefits Of Drinking Cucumber Juice
- Movies Bepannaah’s Harshad Chopda On His Secret Girlfriend; Reveals Awkward Moment About Intimate Scene!
- Finance Nifty Earnings For Jan-Mar Touched 5-Quarter Low
- Education RSOS 10th Result 2019: Steps To Check Result
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Ola Cabs have introduced in-trip insurance covers for riders. Users of the app-based cab service can avail the insurance by paying a premium of just Rs 1 for intra-city travel.
The Bangalore-based cab services, Ola Cabs, have partnered with Acko General Insurance Ltd and ICICI Lombard General Insurance to launch the ‘Chalo Befikar' program across more than 110 cities in India.
The company will offer opt-in insurance for riders at a premium of Rs 1 per ride for intra-city rides, Rs 10 for Ola Rentals and Rs 15 for Ola Outstation Rides. By paying the premium amount users can avail an insurance policy of up to Rs 5 Lakh, which will cover for missed flights, loss of baggage, loss of laptop and emergency hotel requirements among others.
Speaking about the new insurance covers, Vishal Kaul, Chief Operating Officer at Ola said, "We are thrilled to introduce in-trip insurance for our customers under the ‘Chalo Befikar' insurance program. Just for INR 1, Ola customers can avail an insurance policy of INR 5 lakh which will also provide cover for missed flights, loss of baggage, loss of laptop, emergency hotel requirements, and many more. The launch of this initiative, a first of its kind in India, reiterates our resolve of building customer-first solutions."
The optional in-trip insurance can be purchased through the Ola app, while the claim can be made either through the Ola app or through Acko's website, mobile app or call centre. The insurance covers will be available to users across all categories: cabs, rickshaws, kaali-peeli and e-rickshaws
Thoughts On Ola Cabs In-Trip Insurance
Ola is the first smart mobility platform in India with the ‘chalo befikar' program with a comprehensive insurance covers. The in-trip insurance policy is meant to provide Ola users with a cover for any loss of belongings, missed flights or emergency requirements.