TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Cyclone Phethai Updates — 10000 Response Teams On Standby
- IPL Auction 2019 — All You Need To Know
- Tax Filing Increased Most By Taxpayers Declaring Income Between Rs 5-10 Lakh
- This 13-Year-Old Indian Boy Owns A Software Company In Dubai
- Star Screen Awards 2018 — Check Out The Winners List
- Ford Figo ‘Blu’ Facelift Spy Pics Out — The New Ford Figo CNG Variant For 2019?
- Kashmir: The Mise-en-Scène Of Bollywood
- Ranveer Singh And Adah Sharma's Bollywood-inspired Outfits Are Perfect For Movie Buffs
The second-generation Nissan Leaf, currently on sale in International markets will be launched in India. The top-selling electric car in the world, the Leaf is expected to enter the Indian market this fiscal year.
According to a report by Economic Times, the Japanese carmaker is keen on introducing the Leaf in the Indian market. The Nissan Leaf will be the first of many advanced global products to enter the country.
Nissan will first bring a fleet of Leaf 2 for test drives. The company will allow test drives of the car at its 650-acre plant in Chennai, which it shares with Renault. Based on the test drives, the company will further scale up its plans for the car.
According to the company, homologation process for the Leaf 2 has already begun. However, the company is not looking at selling big volumes in the country. We can expect the car to be priced at a premium. Although, there is no news yet of the possible price range of the car once it enters India.
Pricing for the car is expected to be around Rs 30 to 40 lakh, ex-showroom. This is mainly because the Nissan Leaf 2 will come as a Completely Built Unit (CBU). This will affect its pricing, with the additional taxes involved.
The company is also planning to push aggressively towards increasing their market share in India. The company will be launching new products every six months from the start of the festive season.
Thoughts On The Nissan Leaf 2 in India
The Nissan Leaf 2 is one of the top-selling electric cars in the world. The EV is sold in almost all international markets. Apart from the electric Leaf offering, Nissan is also planning to launch a brand new SUV in the Indian market.