- 52 min ago Hyundai Kona Electric Launching On 9 July — The Koreans Are Leading The Electric Revolution
- 1 hr ago New Kia SUV (SP2i) Interior Design Sketches Officially Revealed — Launch Expected Soon
- 2 hrs ago Scooter Spotted Testing Could Be The Bajaj Urbanite — Re-Introduction Of The Bajaj Petrol Scooter?
- 3 hrs ago Top-Selling Scooters In India For April 2019 — The Honda Activa Runs Away With The Sales Yet Again!
- News Does NOTA matter at all?
- Education SBI Clerk Admit Card 2019 Will Be Released On This Date
- Technology Amazon EMI offers May 23rd to 26th: You wouldn't want to miss it
- Lifestyle 18 Effective Home Remedies For Asthma
- Finance UPI Or IMPS For An Online Transaction: What Should You Opt?
- Movies Yeh Hai Mohabbatein Spin-off Shooting To Begin From June; Mrunal Jain & Rahul Sharma Approached!
- Sports Rumour: WWE to crown Goldberg as champion for Summerslam 2019
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Nissan India has started the production of their upcoming five-seater SUV, the Kicks, at the brand's Chennai facility. The new Nissan Kicks SUV will be launched in India in January 2019. There is also a rumour that it is a replacement to the current Nissan Terrano.
The Nissan Kicks follows the brand's latest design philosophy with the bold front-end styling and muscular creases. The design team has coined some terms such as a "Dynamic Sonic Plus line", wheel-oriented stance and a distinctive three-dimensional presence; regarding the looks of the Nissan Kicks.
From the pictures, it is evident that the Kicks has got enough ground clearance to take on the bad roads. The Nissan Kicks rides on 17-inch five-spoke alloy wheels, unlike the Terrano which rides on 16-inch wheels.
Besides this, the Nissan Kicks also gets a unique and safe body structure. The majority of the body comprises of graphene (Gravity-philicEnergy Absorption; as Nissan calls it) and boasts of a higher resistance to impacts (through absorption).
The Nissan Kicks will be available in both petrol and diesel formats. Global variants of the Nissan Kicks get a 1.6-litre petrol unit, but we expect the Indian version to make use of the Terrano's 1.5-litre mill. The petrol engine in the Terrano makes 102bhp and 145Nm of torque, and is mated to a five-speed manual.
On the other hand, the Nissan Kicks diesel will have a 1.5-litre unit, but in two states of tune: 84bhp/200Nm and 109bhp/245Nm. The engine is mated to a six-speed manual transmission. There will also be an automatic variant on offer.
Thoughts On The Nissan Kicks
The new Nissan Kicks is currently one of the most anticipated mid-size five-seater SUVs on the market. The Nissan Terrano is quite outdated now and is in dire need of a replacement. At an expected starting price of close to Rs 12 lakh, the Nissan Kicks will be a good SUV option you can make.