- News Now junior doctors in Telangana warn of strike
- Technology Samsung Galaxy M40 Vs Other Budget Smartphones With 6GB RAM
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Virat Kohli confirms Bhuvneshwar ruled out of next 2-3 games due to hamstring niggle
- Lifestyle Shikha Talsania Gave Us Major Jewellery Goal With Her Latest Look
- Movies Sri Reddy Launches A Scathing Attack On This Star; Leaves Everyone Shocked!
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Japanese automaker Nissan is all set to launch its new Kicks SUV in the country. Now, Autocar India reports that the Nissan Kicks will be unveiled in India on October 18, 2018. Nissan will announce the prices of the Kicks in January 2019.
Managing Director of Nissan India, Jerome Saigot said that the Nissan Kicks is due for launch this year. He also said that the company is also planning a new product under the Datsun brand and it will be launched before the introduction of the Kicks. Nissan aims to establish both the brands in the country.
The Nissan Kicks is already sold in the global markets and the SUV is based on the V platform. But the India-spec Kicks is expected to utilise the Renault Dusters B0 platform to keep the costs down. The Renault Captur and the Nissan Terrano are also underpinned by the same platform.
The India-spec Nissan Kicks is likely to draw power from the existing 1.5-litre petrol and diesel engines which also powers the Renault Captur. The 1.5-litre petrol engine produces 104bhp and 142Nm of torque while the diesel engine churns out 108bhp and 240Nm of torque.
The petrol engine is paired to a 5-speed manual gearbox and the diesel engine is mated to a 6-speed manual transmission. Globally, the Nissan Kicks is offered with an all-wheel-drive system, but the India-spec model is unlikely to feature the all-wheel-drive to keep the price in check.
On the design front, the Nissan Kicks will follow the company's signature design theme, which gives it a distinctive look. The Kicks will feature Nissan's V-Motion grille up front and funky design elements to give the SUV a new look. Overall, the Nissan Kicks looks unique and fresh.
Thoughts On The Nissan Kicks
The utility vehicle segment in India has witnessed a rapid growth in the past few years. Now, Nissan is readying its Kicks SUV for India which will rival the likes of Hyundai Creta, Maruti S-Cross, Honda BR-V and the Renault Captur. Expect the Nissan Kicks to be priced around Rs 9.5 lakh to Rs 14.5 lakh ex-showroom.