- 32 min ago Hyundai Could Offer The Verna & Elite i20 With A New Engine — Part Of Upcoming BS-VI Plans
- 1 hr ago Tata Motors Discontinue Certain Variants Of Safari, Zest And Bolt Models In India
- 1 day ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 1 day ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- Technology Google set to reveal game titles for Stadia but is India ready for it?
- Movies DID Promo Out! Kareena Kapoor Introduces Battle Of Champions; Here's What Viewers Have To Say!
- Finance Govt Merges Statistical Bodies CSO And NSSO
- Travel Karighatta Hill: Abode Of Tranquility And Adventure
- Sports ICC Cricket World Cup: Top 5 games in World Cup history
- News Bengaluru: 5 family members die in road mishap on way to airport
- Education WB HS Result 2019 Declared: 86.92 Percent Students Passed
- Lifestyle Pseudogout: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
Suzuki is all set to debut the next-gen Ertiga MPV at the 2018 Indonesia Motor Show in Jakarta on April 19, 2018. Soon after the global debut, the new MPV will be launched in the Indonesian market.
Maruti Suzuki will launch the next-gen Ertiga in the Indian market by August 2018. The Ertiga is a popular MPV in Indonesia and Suzuki already retails the current-gen model. In Indonesia, the Ertiga is sold in two variants, with the more upmarket Ertiga Dreza being exclusive for the Indonesian market.
The new Maruti Ertiga will be based on the HEARTECT platform which also underpins the new Swift, Dzire and Baleno. The new Ertiga will be lighter and spacious with the seven-seater layout. The reduction in weight will translate into better handling and improved fuel efficiency.
On the mechanical front, the next-gen Maruti Ertiga is likely to draw power from an all-new 1.5-litre turbocharged diesel engine. The new engine is developed in-house by Suzuki and will replace the Fiat-sourced 1.3-litre unit. The new engine will comply with the BS-VI emission norms by 2020.
The petrol variant of the next-gen Maruti Ertiga is expected to get a new 1.5-litre naturally aspirated engine. The new petrol engine will replace the 1.4-litre K-Series petrol engine will feature a power output of around 108bhp and 140Nm of torque.
Transmission options include a manual gearbox as standard and Maruti Suzuki might also offer an automatic gearbox, at least on the petrol variant. The new Ertiga will be loaded with features and ABS and airbags will be standard. The MPV will also get a SmartPlay infotainment system on the top-spec variants.
Thoughts On The Next-Gen Maruti Ertiga
The new facelifted avatar of the Ertiga MPV will feature a revamped exterior design and will be more premium as compared to the current model. With the utility segment growing in India, the next-gen Ertiga will be a crucial product for Maruti Suzuki. The new Ertiga will rival the upcoming MPV from Mahindra.