TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
We have already reported about the next-gen Honda Amaze to be launched in the Indian market at the 2018 Auto Expo in February. Now, more details of the new compact sedan have been revealed.
The new 2018 Honda Amaze will be based on the updated version of the current-gen model's platform to meet the strict safety norms. Dimensionally, the new Amaze will be under four metres, but will offer more space inside the cabin.
Launched back in 2013, the Amaze was a crucial product for the Japanese automaker in the compact sedan segment. In the past five years, Honda has managed to retail over 2,50,000 units of the Amaze in a market where compact SUVs are the latest trend.
But in the past couple of years, the sales of the Amaze is slowly dropping as more and more SUVs, and crossovers are entering the Indian market. Now, it is the right time for Honda to introduce the next-gen avatar of the Amaze compact sedan.
On the mechanical front, the next-gen Amaze is likely to carry forward the existing 1.2-litre petrol and 1.5-litre diesel engine producing 88bhp and 100bhp respectively. Transmission options include a 5-speed manual and a CVT gearbox.
The new 2018 Honda Amaze will sport a revamped and plush interior with additional premium features such as touchscreen infotainment system, new climate control system and upmarket seat upholstery. The cabin is expected to be roomier, despite the compact dimensions of the new Amaze.
With the new Amaze, Honda is aiming to eat into the chunk of market share of the Maruti Dzire in the Indian market. With the new Dzire being successful in the country, Honda is planning to achieve similar results with the new-gen Amaze with its new design and upmarket features.
Honda is all set for the global debut of the next-gen Amaze at the 2018 Auto Expo in February. The India launch of the compact sedan is likely to be followed soon after the unveiling. The new Amaze will be a car for the mass market, and it is likely to bring huge sales volume for Honda in India. Expect some segment-first features to be offered in the new-gen Amaze to undercut its competition, the Maruti Dzire.