- 7 hrs ago Bentley Book Costs More Than A Luxury House — Rs 1.80 Crore For A Book!
- 24 hrs ago Bajaj Auto Confirms November Launch For Husqvarna Twins — And So Our Watch Begins
- 1 day ago Bike Sales Report India For April 2019: Two-Wheeler Sales Slide By 16.3 Per Cent
- 1 day ago Benelli Imperiale 400 Spotted In India — Launching 2020
- News Weather forecast: Dry weather in Delhi-NCR, Bengaluru to witness pre-monsoon rains
- Technology Realme X to come with different specification in India with a price tag around 18K: Realme
- Sports Lyon president Aulas urges PSG to make Ndombele move
- Movies Hina Khan Proved Time Changes: From Being Tantrum Queen, Trolled For Bigg Boss Stint To Cannes Debut
- Education WB Madhyamik Result 2019 Likely To Be Released on May 21
- Lifestyle Schizophrenia: Causes, Symptoms And Treatment
- Finance Here's How Google Is Tracking Your Online Purchases
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Volvo XC40 India Launch Details Revealed: Volvo India is planning to launch their entry-level XC40 SUV in the country soon. Volvo India currently sells the XC60 and the XC90 in their SUV portfolio. The Swedish brand expects high sales figures for their upcoming product.
Volvo India is expected to launch the new XC40 on July 4, 2018. First unveiled in September 2017, the XC40 is based on the brand's all-new Compact Modular Architecture (CMA) platform.
The Volvo XC40 will be offered with two engine choices: 190bhp 2.0-litre diesel (D4) and 245bhp 2.0-litre petrol (T5). The engines will come mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission.
The XC40 will have all-wheel-drive as standard. The system is front-wheel-biased and the rear wheels are powered only when the front loses traction.
A 150bhp 2.0-litre unit is being planned for the future. It will be a front-wheel-drive.
The new Volvo XC40 is the first model to come with the brand's Compact Modular Architecture (CMA) platform. The SUV's styling is inspired by the 40 Series concepts that were showcased in May 2016. The new CMA platform will underpin all the upcoming Volvo 40 Series vehicles; some of them being all-electric.
The XC40 has an upright front grille similar to the XC60. The front also showcases the ‘Thor-Hammer' LED Headlamps. The design is similar to the other Volvo models sold in India and is nothing short of brilliant.
The SUV has got compact proportions; evident from the short overhangs. The XC40 rides on a good-looking set of 18-inch 5-spoke alloy wheels.
At the rear, the XC40 gets a raked rear windshield and an integrated roof spoiler. The twin-chrome exhausts, blacked-out roof along with the L-shaped LED taillamps add a sporty flair to the 5-seater SUV.
Inside, the XC40 gets a 9.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. Being a Volvo, the interiors do not compromise on quality and comfort.
As per reports, the Volvo XC40 will initially be a CBU. Local manufacturing will start as soon as the brand optimises their facilities to support the CMA architecture.
When launched, the Volvo XC40 will rival the Mercedes-Benz GLA, BMW X1 and the Audi Q3. The pricing is expected to be in the range 35 – 40 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi).
Thoughts On The New Volvo XC40
Volvo is one of the most underrated brands in India. The amount of quality and attention to detail that comes with a Volvo product, cannot be matched by most brands. Volvo models are also popular for the safety levels they meet.
While the competition does make some good cars, the Volvo XC40 will certainly stand out from the rest. What do you think?