- 7 hrs ago Bentley Book Costs More Than A Luxury House — Rs 1.80 Crore For A Book!
- 24 hrs ago Bajaj Auto Confirms November Launch For Husqvarna Twins — And So Our Watch Begins
- 1 day ago Bike Sales Report India For April 2019: Two-Wheeler Sales Slide By 16.3 Per Cent
- 1 day ago Benelli Imperiale 400 Spotted In India — Launching 2020
- News Weather forecast: Dry weather in Delhi-NCR, Bengaluru to witness pre-monsoon rains
- Technology Realme X to come with different specification in India with a price tag around 18K: Realme
- Sports Lyon president Aulas urges PSG to make Ndombele move
- Movies Hina Khan Proved Time Changes: From Being Tantrum Queen, Trolled For Bigg Boss Stint To Cannes Debut
- Education WB Madhyamik Result 2019 Likely To Be Released on May 21
- Lifestyle Schizophrenia: Causes, Symptoms And Treatment
- Finance Here's How Google Is Tracking Your Online Purchases
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Volvo Cars India has announced the launch of the new XC40 on 4th July 2018. The company also revealed that bookings for the new SUV offering have now begun.
Volvo will be accepting bookings for the XC40 for an amount of Rs 5 lakh at their dealerships across India. However, pre-launch bookings for the XC40 will be limited to the first 200 units.
The new Volvo XC40 once launched will sit below the new XC60. The car will feature Volvo's new design language, while also borrowing the styling from its larger siblings, the XC60 and the XC90.
The XC40 is based on Volvo's Compact Modular Architecture (CMA) platform. It will be the first offering from Volvo to bring in semi-autonomous driving features in the segment.
These semi-autonomous features include Radar-Based Safety Technology, Lane-Keep Assist, Pilot Assist, Blind-Spot Warning, Adaptive Cruise Control and Emergency Braking.
The first set of XC40 in India will be imported as CBU units. Hence, will be available only in the top-end R-Design trim. Safety features on the new XC40 include Hill Start and Descend Control, Traction Control, ABS and ESP.
Standard features on the new Volvo XC40: LED Headlamps, 18-inch Alloy Wheels, Panoramic Sunroof, 9-inch Touchscreen Infotainment System, Smartphone Connectivity with Apple CarPlay & Android Auto, Wireless Charging, Powered Tailgate and Multifunction Steering Wheel.
The new XC40 will be powered by 2.0-litre, four-cylinder, diesel engine. This engine will produce 190bhp and 400Nm of torque. The engine will further be mated to an eight-speed manual gearbox, with a standard all-wheel drive system.
Thoughts On The New Volvo XC40
The new Volvo XC40 once launched in India, will take on rivals such as the BMW X1, Audi Q3 and the Mercedes-Benz GLA. Though prices have not yet been announced, we can expect it to be priced similarly to its competition.