TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- How The Phone Calls And Explosives Clearly Link Pulwama Attack To Pakistan
- Mahindra XUV300 Electric S210 Promises A Range Of 400km — Details Out!
- IPL 2019 Schedule — Chennai Super Kings Take On Royal Challengers Bangalore In Season Opener On March 23rd
- Samsung Galaxy S10+ Tipped To Launch In Ceramic Black: Price And Specs
- Here's Portal To Apply For Education Loan At Multiple Banks
- Indian Fests In March — A 2019 Must-Visit Checklist
- Madhu Chopra Reacts To Priyanka's 'Baby Bump' Photos!
- Kangana Ranaut Convinces Us To Make Sari An Everyday Wear With This Humble Sari
Volvo Cars India has announced the launch of the new XC40 on 4th July 2018. The company also revealed that bookings for the new SUV offering have now begun.
Volvo will be accepting bookings for the XC40 for an amount of Rs 5 lakh at their dealerships across India. However, pre-launch bookings for the XC40 will be limited to the first 200 units.
The new Volvo XC40 once launched will sit below the new XC60. The car will feature Volvo's new design language, while also borrowing the styling from its larger siblings, the XC60 and the XC90.
The XC40 is based on Volvo's Compact Modular Architecture (CMA) platform. It will be the first offering from Volvo to bring in semi-autonomous driving features in the segment.
These semi-autonomous features include Radar-Based Safety Technology, Lane-Keep Assist, Pilot Assist, Blind-Spot Warning, Adaptive Cruise Control and Emergency Braking.
The first set of XC40 in India will be imported as CBU units. Hence, will be available only in the top-end R-Design trim. Safety features on the new XC40 include Hill Start and Descend Control, Traction Control, ABS and ESP.
Standard features on the new Volvo XC40: LED Headlamps, 18-inch Alloy Wheels, Panoramic Sunroof, 9-inch Touchscreen Infotainment System, Smartphone Connectivity with Apple CarPlay & Android Auto, Wireless Charging, Powered Tailgate and Multifunction Steering Wheel.
The new XC40 will be powered by 2.0-litre, four-cylinder, diesel engine. This engine will produce 190bhp and 400Nm of torque. The engine will further be mated to an eight-speed manual gearbox, with a standard all-wheel drive system.
Thoughts On The New Volvo XC40
The new Volvo XC40 once launched in India, will take on rivals such as the BMW X1, Audi Q3 and the Mercedes-Benz GLA. Though prices have not yet been announced, we can expect it to be priced similarly to its competition.