TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
Gazoo Racing has unveiled a track-spec 2018 Toyota Supra at the Geneva Motor Show. The GR Supra Racing Concept is a front-engine rear-wheel-drive car like the original Toyota Supra. The car employs advanced light-weighting techniques and highlights Toyota's latest design language.
The GR Supra Racing concept has got a lot of carbon elements, along with a large rear wing. Though this isn't the production version of the new Toyota Supra, it highlights a lot of things we should expect on the road car.
The GR Supra Racing concept gets a lot of track-specific components in and on it. The track-spec 2018 Toyota Supra sits on a set of BBS wheels and Michelin rubber.
Inside, the GR Supra Racing concept gets racing harnesses, full roll cage, carbon fibre panelling and a quick-release steering wheel.
If rumours are correct, the production variant of the Toyota Supra will be powered by a 3.0-litre twin-turbo straight-six engine. The new Toyota Supra is expected to produce around 330bhp and 450Nm of torque. The engine is mated to an 8-speed dual-clutch automatic.
The upcoming Toyota Supra will also get an Overboost feature with an extra 50Nm. The Supra will also be able to hit 100km/h from a standstill in 3.8 seconds.
The new Toyota Supra has been developed in partnership with BMW. The upcoming BMW Z4 shares the same platform with the new Supra.
The new Toyota Supra will be available in four variants: Supra, Supra GR, Supra GR Sport and the Supra GRMN. Toyota claims that the regular Supra variant is sporty enough to take on its competition.
The GR Supra Racing Concept will be available in the racing game, Gran Turismo Sport. The car will enter consoles via an April update.
Thoughts On The New Toyota Supra By Gazoo Racing
Though the showcased Toyota Supra track car is not the actual production variant, it gives an insight into what to expect in the road version. The Toyota Supra is an icon among JDM supercars and is still owned and loved by many. Expect the new Toyota Supra only in 2019.