- 13 hrs ago 2020 Mahindra XUV500 Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch Next Year: Spy Pics & Details
- 13 hrs ago Tata Tigor EV Extended Range Variant To be Launched Next Week
- 13 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Exports 10 Lakh Cars From Mundra Port Within Just 10 Years
- 15 hrs ago Tata Motors To Launch New Electric Car In India Next Year: Will Debut New 'Ziptron' EV Technology
- News APPSC Result 2019 for Forest Range Officers: Links to check cut off marks
- Movies Gaddalakonda Ganesh Twitter Review: Here’s What Fans Feel About Varun Tej’s Movie
- Technology Best Snapdragon 855 Smartphones In India Right Now
- Sports Manchester United 1-0 Astana: Greenwood's first goal settles Group L opener
- Lifestyle 17 Tick-borne Diseases You Should Be Aware Of
- Finance Delhi Police Launches App To Pay Traffic Challan, File FIR
- Education HSSC Exam Date Announced For November 2019 To March 2020
- Travel Manali: A Snow Destination For You To Be This Winter
Japanese automaker Toyota has revealed the new RAV4 SUV at the 2018 New York International Auto Show. The Toyota RAV4 has been one of the best-selling SUV for the company in the US and sold 4 lakh units of the SUV in 2017.
The new-gen Toyota RAV4 is based on the company's Toyota New Global Architecture (TNGA) platform which also underpins the new Prius, Camry, CH-R and the recently unveiled Corolla hatchback. The new RAV4 is now wider and slightly shorter due to the new platform.
The front fascia of the new-gen Toyota RAV4 features muscular lines with sharper LED headlamps, rugged-looking grille, large air dam, cladding and skid plate. The rear of the SUV sports a roof-mounted spoiler, LED tail light cluster and dual exhaust pipes.
The interior of the new Toyota RAV4 features a 7-inch/8-inch floating touchscreen infotainment system, with Toyota's Entune 3.0 audio system, Apple CarPlay, Amazon Alexa and navigation.
Other features include new upholstery, USB ports, wireless phone chargers and an optional 800-watt JBL audio system.
The Toyota RAV4 also comes with Safety Sense which includes safety features such as dynamic cruise control, forward collision warning with pedestrian detection and emergency braking, steering assist and lane departure warning.
The new RAV4 is equipped with Lane Tracing Assist, a feature to steer the SUV automatically to provide driver assistance. The newly unveiled SUV rides on 19-inch black alloy wheels with dual-tone colour options.
The new Toyota RAV4 draws power from a 2.5-litre four-cylinder petrol engine which is available in both standard and hybrid variants. The engine is mated to a new 8-speed automatic gearbox, whereas the hybrid unit gets the existing CVT gearbox.
The Toyota RAV4 is equipped with three all-wheel-drive systems with a more conventional setup and the Toyota i-Hybrid system now produces 30 percent more torque for the electrically driven rear wheels.
Thoughts On The Toyota RAV4 SUV
The new Toyota RAV4 comes with a host of updates as compared to the outgoing model. With the new platform, the handling of the SUV will definitely improve. In the global markets, the Toyota RAV4 will rival the likes of Jeep Compass and Nissan X-Trail.
It will be an interesting product for India with the booming SUV segment. But Toyota has not revealed any plans to bring the RAV4 to India.