- 6 hrs ago Steelbird Tyres Launches Puncture RSA Across India – Fix Your Flat With Ease
- 7 hrs ago India Proposes Electrifying All Two Wheelers Within 6 And 8 Years
- 9 hrs ago Mahindra Stops Production Of TUV300 Automatic — Five Speed Manual Option Only
- 9 hrs ago Suzuki To Stop Manufacturing Commuter Motorcycles – Will Cater To Performance Segment Only
- Lifestyle Rakulpreet's Latest Attire For A Movie Promotion Deserves All Your Attention
- News The Congress scored a 0 in these 16 states/UTs
- Sports Neymar, Mbappe could leave PSG, hints Tuchel
- Movies When Prabhas Talked About Anushka Shetty’s Star Power Even Before Baahubali!
- Technology Redmi K20 series price leaks ahead of launch
- Finance Sensex At 45,000, Nifty At 13,500 By June 2020 On Modi's Return: Morgan Stanley
- Education SSLC Revaluation Result Kerala 2019: Direct Link To Check Result
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
The new Toyota Corolla sedan now comes under the brand's TGNA platform. The Corolla will feature a wider front and rear tracks while also lowering its centre of gravity. The wheelbase on the 2019 Toyota Corolla, however, remains the same at 2,700mm.
The new Toyota Corolla comes with a more aggressively design language. The sedan features a new front bumper, along with sleeker headlamps.
The side profile of the Corolla sedan comes with a B-pillar similar to the ones seen on the hatchback sibling. The roofline merges cleanly with the C-pillar.
The rear tail lamps on the Corolla sedan come with a sleek conventional design, rather than the J-shaped lights seen on the hatchback version.
Inside, the 2019 Corolla offers a dual-tone cabin with a host of features, including a large touchscreen infotainment system. Standard features expected on the new Toyota Corolla: dynamic radar cruise control, lane departure assists, active steering, road sign recognition system and a number of collision avoidance assists.
Toyota has also introduced a new 2.0-litre petrol engine, said to produce 171bhp and 205Nm of torque. It will come mated to either a six-speed manual or a CVT gearbox. A hybrid powertrain is also set to be introduced in various international market, at a later stage.
Apart from the Toyota Corolla, the brand also introduced a new sportier-version of the sedan, called the Levin. The Toyota Levin will be aimed for markets such as the US, Japan and certain other Asian countries.
The model showcased at the Chinese event, will be the same one to come to India. The new model showcased will be sold in India as the ‘New Corolla Altis'.
Thoughts On The 2019 Toyota Corolla
The 2019 Toyota Corolla comes with a host of updates, both in terms of styling and features. The sedanwill be launched in India sometime next year and rival the likes ofthe Hyundai Elantra, Skoda Octavia and the upcoming Honda Civic.