- 52 min ago Hyundai Kona Electric Launching On 9 July — The Koreans Are Leading The Electric Revolution
- 1 hr ago New Kia SUV (SP2i) Interior Design Sketches Officially Revealed — Launch Expected Soon
- 2 hrs ago Scooter Spotted Testing Could Be The Bajaj Urbanite — Re-Introduction Of The Bajaj Petrol Scooter?
- 3 hrs ago Top-Selling Scooters In India For April 2019 — The Honda Activa Runs Away With The Sales Yet Again!
- News Does NOTA matter at all?
- Education SBI Clerk Admit Card 2019 Will Be Released On This Date
- Technology Amazon EMI offers May 23rd to 26th: You wouldn't want to miss it
- Lifestyle 18 Effective Home Remedies For Asthma
- Finance UPI Or IMPS For An Online Transaction: What Should You Opt?
- Movies Yeh Hai Mohabbatein Spin-off Shooting To Begin From June; Mrunal Jain & Rahul Sharma Approached!
- Sports Rumour: WWE to crown Goldberg as champion for Summerslam 2019
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Tata Motors is readying to launch their new SUV on the market soon, the Harrier. The Tata Harrier is the production-ready version of the Tata H5X concept which was showcased at Auto Expo 2018, held in February. Now, the brand has released a new teaser of the Harrier on Twitter.
The 20-second teaser does not reveal much, but just highlights some of the design features of the Tata Harrier, dubbed as the Impact 2.0 Design philosophy. There is also an interesting tagline — The New Benchmark Of Grandeur.
Bookings for the Tata Harrier are open now for an amount of Rs 30,000. To a good extent, Tata has managed to bring the looks of the Harrier similar to that of the H5X concept, except maybe for the interiors.
Prior to its official unveiling, the new Harrier was spied testing multiple times on our road. We have also spotted a Harrier in a test-mule disguise, alongside the Tata 45X (an upcoming premium hatchback).
While the teaser shows minimal details of the interiors, we expect it to come with all the equipment you would expect. A large touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, premium Harman audio system, leather upholstery, plus a host of safety features will definitely be part of the package.
The Tata Harrier is powered by a 2.0-litre Kryotec diesel engine which makes close to 140bhp. The BS-VI-compliant unit will come mated to either a six-speed manual or a Hyundai-sourced six-speed automatic. At this point, very few details are available about the engine.
Once launched, the new Tata Harrier will rival the Hyundai Creta, Mahindra XUV 500 and even the Jeep Compass. Currently, the Hyundai Creta is the leader in the five-seater SUV market, while Mahindra is trying to make a difference with the upcoming S201.
Thoughts On The New Tata Harrier
The Tata Harrier is currently one of the most awaited SUVs in India and the expectations for it is not at all small. The mix of SUV character in an elegant package is perhaps one of the prominent highlights of the Harrier. Tata Motors has recently carried out back-to-back launches in the country, including the new Tiago NRG, 2018 Tigor and the performance-focussed JTP twins. Besides the Tata Harrier, there will also be a seven-seater version of it in the future.