- News Lt Gen Faiz Hameed to be next chief of Pakistan's spy agency ISI
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: India vs Pakistan: Bhuvneshwar goes off injured and replacement Shankar strikes first ball
- Lifestyle Shikha Talsania Gave Us Major Jewellery Goal With Her Latest Look
- Technology How To Delete Keyboard History On Your Android Smartphone
- Movies Sri Reddy Launches A Scathing Attack On This Star; Leaves Everyone Shocked!
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
The Euro NCAP (European New Car Assessment Programme) has revealed the crash test results for the new Suzuki Jimny SUV. The new Suzuki Jimny has scored a 3-star safety rating in the latest crash tests conducted by Euro NCAP.
The new fourth-gen Suzuki Jimny scored 73 percent in the adult occupancy category and 84 percent in the child occupancy category. But the new Jimny scored only 50 percent in the vulnerable road users and safety assist systems category.
The Suzuki Jimny managed to receive only three-star rating because the driver's side airbag didn't deploy properly. This could result in serious head injury in case of a frontal crash. The tested Jimny is a three-door model and it is a mini SUV which has been already launched in Japan.
The Euro-spec Suzuki Jimny also comes with autonomous emergency braking (AEB) as standard. But the Jimny did not score any points for this feature as Euro NCAP requires head restraint performance for AEB points.
The Suzuki Jimny sold in the European markets is equipped with safety features such as six airbags, ISOFIX child seat mounts on the rear seats, seat belt reminder, lane assist system and autonomous emergency braking (AEB).
The new Suzuki Jimny draws power from a 1.5-litre petrol engine that produces 100bhp and 130Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a 5-speed manual or a 4-speed automatic gearbox. The Suzuki Jimny is offered with a four-wheel-drive system.
Thoughts On The Suzuki Jimny Crash Test Results
The Suzuki Jimny is a small SUV which is already on sale in several global markets. Now, the latest crash tests have revealed that the Jimny is a safe SUV with a three-star rating. Initially, it was expected that the Jimny would be launched in the Indian market, but later it became clear that Suzuki has no plans to introduce the Jimny in the country.