TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Why Pakistan’s Action Against JeM Is An Eye-Wash, Insufficient
- Samsung Galaxy S10 Series To Sport Steam PC Game Streaming
- Bajaj Discover 110 Launched With CBS At Rs 52,273
- La Liga Preview: Barçelona Face Stiff Sevilla Test As Battles Up And Down The Table Heats Up
- Small And Midcap Stocks Could Deliver Abnormal Gains
- The Story Of Lubdhaka And Lord Shiva
- Kangana Ranaut Caught Riding A Fake Horse During Manikarnika
- Best Places In India To Celebrate Holi 2019
The Euro NCAP (European New Car Assessment Programme) has revealed the crash test results for the new Suzuki Jimny SUV. The new Suzuki Jimny has scored a 3-star safety rating in the latest crash tests conducted by Euro NCAP.
The new fourth-gen Suzuki Jimny scored 73 percent in the adult occupancy category and 84 percent in the child occupancy category. But the new Jimny scored only 50 percent in the vulnerable road users and safety assist systems category.
The Suzuki Jimny managed to receive only three-star rating because the driver's side airbag didn't deploy properly. This could result in serious head injury in case of a frontal crash. The tested Jimny is a three-door model and it is a mini SUV which has been already launched in Japan.
The Euro-spec Suzuki Jimny also comes with autonomous emergency braking (AEB) as standard. But the Jimny did not score any points for this feature as Euro NCAP requires head restraint performance for AEB points.
The Suzuki Jimny sold in the European markets is equipped with safety features such as six airbags, ISOFIX child seat mounts on the rear seats, seat belt reminder, lane assist system and autonomous emergency braking (AEB).
The new Suzuki Jimny draws power from a 1.5-litre petrol engine that produces 100bhp and 130Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a 5-speed manual or a 4-speed automatic gearbox. The Suzuki Jimny is offered with a four-wheel-drive system.
Thoughts On The Suzuki Jimny Crash Test Results
The Suzuki Jimny is a small SUV which is already on sale in several global markets. Now, the latest crash tests have revealed that the Jimny is a safe SUV with a three-star rating. Initially, it was expected that the Jimny would be launched in the Indian market, but later it became clear that Suzuki has no plans to introduce the Jimny in the country.