- 1 hr ago Hyundai Could Offer The Verna & Elite i20 With A New Engine — Part Of Upcoming BS-VI Plans
- 2 hrs ago Tata Motors Discontinue Certain Variants Of Safari, Zest And Bolt Models In India
- 1 day ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 1 day ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- Technology OnePlus 7 Pro new OxygenOS update improves system and camera performance
- Finance L&T Shares Hit Record High On Increasing Stake In Mindtree
- Education MBOSE Result 2019: Direct Link To Check SSLC & HSSLC Result 2019
- Sports Sachin Tendulkar passes his father's words of wisdom to son, advises Arjun Tendulkar to never take shortcuts
- Movies DID Promo Out! Kareena Kapoor Introduces Battle Of Champions; Here's What Viewers Have To Say!
- Travel Karighatta Hill: Abode Of Tranquility And Adventure
- News Bengaluru: 5 family members die in road mishap on way to airport
- Lifestyle Pseudogout: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
German automaker Porsche has revealed the new 2019 911 GT3 R track-only car. As the name suggests, the 2019 Porsche 911 GT3 R is a GT3-spec car designed for the 2019 motorsport season.
The 2019 Porsche 911 GT3 R draws power from a 4-litre flat-six engine churning out an unrestricted power output of 541bhp. The engine is mated to a 6-speed sequential gearbox. The new engine is said to be more powerful with broader usable rev range.
The overall design of the Porsche 911 GT3 R is close to the 911 GT3 RS, the road-legal version of the race car. The body of the Porsche 911 GT3 R is a combination of aluminium, steel and carbon fibre-reinforced plastic. The race car comes with the single-seat layout. The track-only 911 GT3 R also gets air-conditioning for the first time.
Other features of the Porsche 911 GT3 R include welded-in roll cage as per FIA regulations, removable escape hatch on the roof, vehicle recovery system tow points, polycarbonate windows and racing bucket seat with a six-point safety harness.
The aerodynamic components of the 2019 Porsche 911 GT3 R include a duct on the bonnet, distinctive air vents on the wheel arch and a massive wing at the rear. Porsche has also increased the tyre circumference of the front wheel and gets a new double wishbone suspension design.
Braking duties are handled by 390mm ventilated steel discs with a six-piston aluminium monoblock racing brake callipers at the front and 370mm steel discs with four-piston callipers at the rear. The braking system has been revamped and now offers increased stiffness and more precise control of the ABS.
Thoughts On The 2019 Porsche 911 GT3 R
The 2019 iteration of the 911 GT3 R features several updates to the mechanical components. The engine now produces improved power output and delivers broader usable rev range. The deliveries of the 2019 Porsche 911 GT3 R will begin from December 2018.