- Porsche Centre Bengaluru Sells India’s First 911 GT2 RS – The Most Insane Modern Porsche 911
- Porsche 911 GT2 RS Launched At Rs 3.88 Crore — The Most Track-Focussed Porsche Available In India
- Porsche 911 GT2 RS India Launch Details Revealed
- New-Generation Porsche Cayenne Arrives In India; Launch Expected This Year
- 2018 Porsche Cayenne Turbo Bookings Started — Expected To Cost Upwards Of Rs 1.90 Crore
- Porsche Cayenne E-Hybrid 2018 India Launch Details — Borrows Technology From The 918 Spyder
German automaker Porsche has revealed the new 2019 911 GT3 R tack-only car. As the name suggests, the 2019 Porsche 911 GT3 R is a GT3-spec car designed for the 2019 motorsport season.
The 2019 Porsche 911 GT3 R draws power from a 4-litre flat-six engine churning out an unrestricted power output of 541bhp. The engine is mated to a 6-speed sequential gearbox. The new engine is said to be more powerful with broader usable rev range.
The overall design of the Porsche 911 GT3 R is close to the 911 GT3 RS, the road-legal version of the race car. The body of the Porsche 911 GT3 R is a combination of aluminium, steel and carbon fibre-reinforced plastic. The race car comes with the single-seat layout. The track-only 911 GT3 R also gets air-conditioning for the first time.
Other features of the Porsche 911 GT3 R include welded-in roll cage as per FIA regulations, removable escape hatch on the roof, vehicle recovery system tow points, polycarbonate windows and racing bucket seat with a six-point safety harness.
The aerodynamic components of the 2019 Porsche 911 GT3 R include a duct on the bonnet, distinctive air vents on the wheel arch and a massive wing at the rear. Porsche has also increased the tyre circumference of the front wheel and gets a new double wishbone suspension design.
Braking duties are handled by 390mm ventilated steel discs with a six-piston aluminium monoblock racing brake callipers at the front and 370mm steel discs with four-piston callipers at the rear. The braking system has been revamped and now offers increased stiffness and more precise control of the ABS.
Thoughts On The 2019 Porsche 911 GT3 R
The 2019 iteration of the 911 GT3 R features several updates to the mechanical components. The engine now produces improved power output and delivers broader usable rev range. The deliveries of the 2019 Porsche 911 GT3 R will begin from December 2018.