TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- This Is Why ISRO's GSAT 7A Satellite Is Built Exclusively For The Indian Air Force!
- Criticising Virat Kohli For Not Playing A Spinner In Perth Is Unjustified — Praveen Kumar
- 2018 Best Smartphones With Fingerprint Sensor
- Mahindra XUV 300 Compact-SUV Now Official — Launch In February 2019
- Petrol And Diesel Remain Steady In Price Even As Crude Prices Fall
- Priyanka And Nick Get Romantic In This Unseen Picture!
- Best Winter Destinations To Visit From Pune
- Sanya Malhotra Rocked The Quirky Look In Her Latest Attire
New Mini Countryman unveiled in India at the Auto Expo 2018. The new Mini Countryman will be a 'Made-in-India' product from the company to keep the cost low. The new Mini Countryman will be launched in India by the end of 2018, while bookings are expected to begin shortly. The new Countryman is bigger and is based on a new design language. The company says the new Mini Countryman is the most versatile vehicle produced in its 58-year history.
The new-gen Mini Countryman looks more squarish than its predecessor, while the headlights are smaller in proportion. The new Mini Countryman gets a new grille and DRLs similar to the standard Mini hatch and cabriolet versions. At the rear, there are subtle changes, while the Countryman badging on the boot lid as well as the signature taillight cluster have been revised with a new pattern.
Inside the new Mini Countryman, the cabin is spacious than the previous model offering more front and rear legroom much more than its rivals have to offer. The increase in space has resulted in 30 percent improvement in the cabin space. Among the features, the new Mini Countryman gets auto climate control, ambient lighting, LED headlamps, premium audio system, electric ORVMs, and lots more.
Mechanically, the all-new Mini Countryman is available in both petrol and diesel engine options. The petrol model is available with two engines: 1.5-litre with 135bhp and a 2.0-litre with 191bhp. The diesel variant is available with a 2.0-litre unit that develops 190bhp and 400Nm of torque. The new Countryman will be available in three variants: Cooper S, Cooper S JCW and Cooper SD.
Thoughts About The New Mini Countryman
The new Mini Countryman will be made in India to keep the cost low. This means the price of the new Mini Countryman will be relatively low compared to the previous model. Expected price of the new Mini Countryman is between Rs 35 lakh to Rs 45 lakh. BMW India is looking to offer the best at a competitive price tag. The Mini Countryman will rival the Volvo V40 Cross Country in India.