- 1 hr ago Hyundai Could Offer The Verna & Elite i20 With A New Engine — Part Of Upcoming BS-VI Plans
- 2 hrs ago Tata Motors Discontinue Certain Variants Of Safari, Zest And Bolt Models In India
- 1 day ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 1 day ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- News Lok Sabha poll results create vacancies in UP Cabinet, first reshuffle likely soon
- Movies 'Katrina Kaif, Do You Want A Slap?' What Made Akshay Kumar Say Such SHOCKING Thing To Her?
- Finance Education Loan Market Shrinks 25% In Four Years: Report
- Technology OnePlus 7 Pro new OxygenOS update improves system and camera performance
- Education MBOSE Result 2019: Direct Link To Check SSLC & HSSLC Result 2019
- Sports Sachin Tendulkar passes his father's words of wisdom to son, advises Arjun Tendulkar to never take shortcuts
- Travel Karighatta Hill: Abode Of Tranquility And Adventure
- Lifestyle Pseudogout: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
The new 2018 MINI Countryman was launched in India at Rs 34.9 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi). The Countryman is a practical form of the iconic MINI Cooper hatchback, with more space and higher ground clearance. In India, the 2018 MINI Countryman is available in three variants: Cooper S (Petrol), Cooper SD (Diesel) and the Cooper S JCW Inspired (Petrol).
MINI cars sold in India, which include the Cooper, Countryman and Clubman, come with a unique character and charm. The second-generation Mini Countryman brings even more of this to the table.
That said, here are some Mini Countryman features you should know!
BMW X1 Platform
Since the MINI brand comes under BMW, the new Countryman has its platform shared with one of its rivals, the BMW X1. The UKL2 platform serves as a front-wheel-drive in the BMW X1. But the MINI Countryman is a front-wheel-biased all-wheel-drive car, which uses the brand's ALL4 system.
The second generation MINI Countryman is also larger than before. The 2018 Countryman is 200mm longer and 30mm wider than the first generation model.
The BMW X1 is the entry-level SUV from the German brand and is also one of their cheapest models. The MINI Countryman, on the other hand, sits above the Cooper in terms of price.
One of the unique features of the MINI Countryman worth mentioning is the picnic bench. A simple, yet practical addition that is seen mostly in some high-end SUVs.
The picnic bench is just right for those who like to go for some weekend getaways.
40:20:40 Split Seats
The MINI Countryman has a decent luggage space of 450 litres. In case you need even more space, the new Countryman offers the option to split fold the rear seats in a convenient 40:20:40 ratio.
With the rear seats completely folded, the luggage space can be increased to a good 1309 litres.
8.8-Inch Touchscreen Infotainment
All MINIs use BMW's iDrive infotainment system, but in a different iteration. The system gives access to a lot of functionalities and information and is a breeze to use. The 8.8-inch touchscreen is placed in a round enclosure, haloed by the car's ambient lighting.
While the 8.8-inch touchscreen is available only in the Cooper S JCW Inspired, the Cooper S and SD get a 6.5-inch unit with almost all of the same functions.
Switch-Gears Instead Of Buttons
The unique styling cues of the MINI Countryman doesn't end outside. Inside too, there are some interesting design elements that impart a special character to the crossover. One of those is the switch gears. The ‘Start/Stop' button has also got an interesting design.
The controls on the roof have also got the same speciality.
Even the door locks have the ‘MINI touch'.
Other Features Of The 2018 MINI Countryman
The MINI Countryman gets a lot of quirks and features. Here are some more interesting things that come in the MINI Countryman:
- FindMate - Geo-Tagging For Personal Belongings
- Heads-Up Display
- Six Airbags
- Mini Connected App
- Ambient Lighting
- Automatic Tailgate
- Panoramic Sunroof
- Three Riding Modes: Green, Mid & Sport
*All these features might not be available in all the variants.
Thoughts On The New 2018 MINI Countryman
The MINI Countryman is ideal for those who've got a sense of fashion and lifestyle. The Countryman offers a compact exterior, but a spacious interior. This, combined with the unique styling of the MINI, makes the crossover an ideal buy for the city and for a weekend drive.