- 15 hrs ago Range Rover Sport Launched With New 2.0-Litre Petrol Engine — Prices Start At 86.71 Lakh
- 15 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Launched — TVC Targets Younger Buyers
- 16 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Variants Explained In Detail — The Best Model Of The Lot!
- 16 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Launched — Top Five Features And Everything You Need To Know
- Movies Salman Khan Showers Praises On Alia Bhatt: She Is A Godown Of Talent
- Sports Koscielny slams UEFA after Mkhitaryan withdrawal
- News 5.6 magnitude earthquake hits Andaman and Nicobar Islands
- Finance Rupee Opens Higher At 69.67
- Technology Samsung's latest 5x optical zoom camera sensor is just 5mm in thickness
- Lifestyle Sonam Kapoor Ahuja’s Modern Suit At Cannes 2019 Has A Timeless Touch And She Looks Flawless
- Education Goa Board SSC Result 2019: 92.47% Students Passed
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Mini has commenced local production of its new 2018 Countryman offering in India. The car will be manufactured at BMW's plant in Chennai.
The Countryman was recently launched in India. The car is available in two petrol and one diesel variant. Petrol variants include the S and the JCW Inspired, while the diesel engine comes on the SD variant. Prices for the 2018 Mini Countryman starts at Rs 34.90 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
The new Mini Countryman has the same underpinnings as the BMW X1. However, the new generation Countryman comes with a number of changes and updates.
The car is longer and wider than the previous generation by 200mm and 30mm, respectively. The 2018 version also has an increased wheelbase by 75mm.
Powering the petrol variants of the Countryman is a 2.0-litre, four-cylinder, TwinPower turbo engine. This engine churns out 190bhp and 280Nm of torque. The diesel variant, SD comes with a 2.0-litre, four-cylinder engine. This produces 180bhp and 400Nm of torque.
Both engine options come mated with an eight-speed automatic transmission as standard on all variants.
The new 2018 Mini Countryman receives a number of exterior and interior updates. Exterior updates include LED Headlamps, LED Daytime Running Lamps (DRL), Fog Lamps, Revamped Bumpers, signature Chrome Grille, LED Tail Lights and Dual-Exhaust Pipes.
Interior updates on the new Countryman: 8.8-inch state-of-the-art iDrive Infotainment System, Multifunction Steering Wheel, Sports Seats at the front and a Two-Zone Automatic air-Conditioning.
Thoughts On The 2018 Mini Countryman Local Production
The 2018 Mini Countryman in India, takes on rivals such as the Mercedes-Benz GLA, BMW X1 and the Audi Q3.