TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Mehul Choksi Moves New Application In PMLA Court, Mentions Long History Of Ailments
- IPL 2019: CSK vs RCB — Preview, Predicted XI, Where To Watch
- IPL 2019 — How To Watch Cricket Extravaganza Live In Action On Your Smartphone?
- Kawasaki Announces Price Hike On Certain Models — Revised Prices From April 2019
- First Poster Of Ajay Devgn's 'De De Pyaar De' Out!
- Should You Invest In New Retirement Mutual Funds Without 80C Tax Benefit?
- Zodiac Signs That Are Sweet Talkers
- Witnessing The Beauty Of Williamnagar, Meghalaya
Mercedes-Benz India has silently introduced the petrol variant of their 2018 C-Class sedan. The 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class was launched initially in September, however, it was available only in the diesel format.
The new Mercedes-Benz C-Class petrol variant comes with a price tag of Rs 43.46 lakh, ex-showroom (India). The C-Class C200 Progressive variant sits between the lower C220d Prime and C220d Progressive diesel variants.
With the addition of the new petrol variant, the 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class is now available in a total of four variants; three diesel and one petrol. The three diesel variants include — C220d Prime, C220d Progressive and C300d AMG Line.
The diesel variants come with a starting price of Rs 40 lakh for the C220d Prime trim while the top-spec C300d AMG Line has a price tag of Rs 48.50 Lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (India).
The 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class petrol variant comes powered by a 1.5-litre four-cylinder engine. It produces 180bhp and 280Nm of peak torque. The engine is also mated to a mild-hybrid powertrain, which provides an additional 10bhp and 160Nm of torque. This powertrain is further mated to a standard nine-speed automatic gearbox.
In terms of features, the C-Class petrol variant carries most of the equipment seen on the diesel variants. This includes multi-function steering wheel, dual touchpad control, 10.25-inch COMAND infotainment system, panoramic sunroof, active parking assist, ambient lighting with 64 colour options and a range of other safety and driver assist features.
Thoughts On The 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Petrol Variant
Mercedes-Benz launched the 2018 C-Class back in September. Initially, the C-Class was available in just the diesel format, however, Mercedes-Benz has now introduced the petrol variant as well. In India, the Mercedes-Benz C-Class rivals the likes of the BMW 3-Series and the Audi A4.