- Mercedes-AMG S63 Coupe Launched At Rs 2.55 Crore — Combines Performance With Elegance
- 2018 Mercedes AMG GT S Roadster Unveiled — The Balance Between The GT And The GT C Roadster
- 2018 Mercedes-AMG E63 S Launched In India At Rs 1.50 Crore: The Most Powerful AMG In The Country
- 2018 Mercedes-AMG E63 S — Top Things That Make It A Mad, Yet Luxurious Saloon
- Mercedes-Benz Brand Tour To Focus On Tier II & III Markets
- 2018 Geneva Motor Show: Mercedes-Benz C-Class Facelift Unveiled — Specs, Features & Images
The new 2018 Mercedes-Benz A-Class was first revealed earlier this year. The fourth generation of the Mercedes-Benz A-Class has been confirmed to enter India sometime in 2019. Speaking to Car and Bike, Roland Folger, MD and CEO, Mercedes-Benz India confirmed the entry of the new Mercedes-Benz A-Class to India.
The A-Class is the most affordable offering from the German luxury carmaker. The new Mercedes-Benz A-Class will bring along a number of new features which will subsequently be available throughout the entire line-up of Mercedes-Benz. The latest generation of the Mercedes-Benz A-Class features the all-new user interface from Mercedes - MBUX.
The MBUX (Mercedes-Benz User Experience) is a new infotainment system which has the ability to learn through ‘artificial intelligence'. The new system will be able to customise for each individual and suit each user. The fourth generation A-Class will also come with completely new interiors, which are much more luxurious than the previous generation.
Mercedes-Benz globally has three engine variants on the A-Class. A 1.4-litre four-cylinder turbocharged engine producing 160bhp and a bigger 2.0-litre four-cylinder turbocharged engine producing 220bhp and 350Nm of torque. There will also be an entry-level 1.5-litre diesel engine producing 116bhp and 260Nm of torque. All these will be mated to a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission.
The new A-class (globally) is said to get more space in terms of shoulder, leg and headroom. It will also feature a larger luggage compartment as compared to the previous generation. Mercedes is also looking at building the A-Class locally, to help change the perception of the company in India, according to Mr Folger.
Thoughts On The New Mercedes-Benz A-Class
The Mercedes-Benz A-Class is the most affordable Mercedes available in the Indian market. The new generation A-Class with all its new features, sports design and fresh interiors will turn heads and excite targeted customers — if priced right.