- 44 min ago Skoda Kodiaq Corporate Edition Launched In India: Priced At Rs 33 Lakh
- 1 hr ago MG eZS Teased Ahead Of India-Launch Next Year: To Rival The Hyundai Kona EV
- 3 hrs ago New Mahindra Thar & XUV300 BS-VI Spied Testing In India: Spy Pics & Details
- 3 hrs ago Tata Sumo Discontinued In India: Company Stops Production Of SUV After 25 Years Of Sales
- Movies Oh Baby Arrives On Netflix: Samantha Akkineni Fans Say It Is Worth A Watch
- Technology Motorola E6s: The Good, The Bad, And The X Factor
- News Rituals of the ‘Mahasasthi', 6th day of Durga puja
- Lifestyle PV Sindhu Updates Her Instagram Fashion Library With Two More Stunning Outfits
- Education AP Grama Sachivalayam Result 2019 Likely To Be Declared Soon
- Finance 5 Export Business Ideas In India
- Sports Ashes 2019 Stats, Records & Results: Unstoppable Smith, undaunted Stokes, unmissable Archer leave their mark
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
The new 2018 Mercedes-Benz A-Class was first revealed earlier this year. The fourth generation of the Mercedes-Benz A-Class has been confirmed to enter India sometime in 2019. Speaking to Car and Bike, Roland Folger, MD and CEO, Mercedes-Benz India confirmed the entry of the new Mercedes-Benz A-Class to India.
The A-Class is the most affordable offering from the German luxury carmaker. The new Mercedes-Benz A-Class will bring along a number of new features which will subsequently be available throughout the entire line-up of Mercedes-Benz. The latest generation of the Mercedes-Benz A-Class features the all-new user interface from Mercedes - MBUX.
The MBUX (Mercedes-Benz User Experience) is a new infotainment system which has the ability to learn through ‘artificial intelligence'. The new system will be able to customise for each individual and suit each user. The fourth generation A-Class will also come with completely new interiors, which are much more luxurious than the previous generation.
Mercedes-Benz globally has three engine variants on the A-Class. A 1.4-litre four-cylinder turbocharged engine producing 160bhp and a bigger 2.0-litre four-cylinder turbocharged engine producing 220bhp and 350Nm of torque. There will also be an entry-level 1.5-litre diesel engine producing 116bhp and 260Nm of torque. All these will be mated to a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission.
The new A-class (globally) is said to get more space in terms of shoulder, leg and headroom. It will also feature a larger luggage compartment as compared to the previous generation. Mercedes is also looking at building the A-Class locally, to help change the perception of the company in India, according to Mr Folger.
Thoughts On The New Mercedes-Benz A-Class
The Mercedes-Benz A-Class is the most affordable Mercedes available in the Indian market. The new generation A-Class with all its new features, sports design and fresh interiors will turn heads and excite targeted customers — if priced right.