- 52 min ago Mahindra Stops Production Of TUV300 Automatic — Five Speed Manual Option Only
- 1 hr ago Suzuki To Stop Manufacturing Commuter Motorcycles – Will Cater To Performance Segment Only
- 1 hr ago Tata Elxsi To Supply China With Autosar-Adaptive Platform
- 1 hr ago Hyundai Confirms Diesel Engine Upgradation to BS-VI Norms — Will Not Discontinue Diesel Engines
- Movies Disha Patani: Salman Khan Is Grounded, Not Intimidating
- Technology Samsung Galaxy Note10 to support super-fast 50W charging
- News MP Congress leader Ratan Singh dies of heart attack at counting centre
- Finance Markets End Lower Even As NDA Storms Back To Power; Sensex hits 40,000 Pts
- Sports Ashwin to play for Nottinghamshire in county cricket
- Education SBI Clerk Admit Card 2019 Will Be Released On This Date
- Lifestyle 18 Effective Home Remedies For Asthma
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Mercedes-AMG G63 India-Launch Details: Mercedes-Benz has launched the all-new 2018 G63 AMG SUV in India at Rs 2.19 crore ex-showroom (India). The new Mercedes G63 AMG as the G-Wagen brings a host of changes and updates over the previous model, in terms of both looks and features. The W463 Mercedes G63 AMG will be the only G-Class model on sale in India, even though the V12-engined G65 AMG is available on foreign markets.
The new Mercedes-AMG G63 follows a much more rounder and smooth design language even though it essentially retains its traditional boxy styling. The front grille is slightly trapezoidal and has got vertical slats. The air dams on the bumper are narrower yet wider and flanks a rather subtle skid plate.
The full-LED headlamp cluster has been completely redesigned and gives the ‘raw off-roader' a modern stance. Details such as the bonnet-mounted indicators, side beadings which run the entire length of the vehicle and the visible door hinges make the new Mercedes-AMG G63, the same old Geländewagen.
Towards the rear, the edges are noticeably smoother while the tailgate-mounted spare wheel adds to the character of the G 63 AMG. The wheel arches still stick out a lot from the main body, in true off-roader format.
The Mercedes-AMG G63 2018 rides on 21-inch seven-spoke alloy wheels which look dashing beside the side-mounted exhausts. The 241mm-ground clearance gives a unique stance to the G-Wagen while also making it one of the best off-roaders on the market.
Inside, the dashboard is dominated by the dual 12.3-inch displays which form the infotainment system and the instrument console. Leather, Alcantara, metal and carbon-fibre form the majority of the interior elements; other trim combinations being optional extras.
Another interesting detail is the grab handle on the passenger side - something all the G-Wagen models till date have had. The jet-inspired air-con vents are also a new addition.
Powering the new 2018 Mercedes-AMG G63 is a 4.0-litre biturbo V8 engine which makes 585bhp and 850Nm of torque; quite an improvement over the old 5.5-litre twin-turbocharged V8. The engine comes mated to a 9-speed AMG SPEEDSHIFT automatic transmission to all four wheels via the German brand's 4Matic all-wheel-drive system.
Even though the new G63 AMG has got a kerb weight of nearly 2.5 tonnes, the latest G-Wagen can do a 0-100km/h sprint in just 4.5 seconds. Top speed lies at 220km/h (electronically-limited). The optional AMG Driver's Package bumps this to 240km/h.
The 2018 Mercedes-AMG comes with three riding modes: Comfort, Sport and Sport+. Other driving aids include the three locking differential setups which can be engaged via the dedicated buttons on the central console. The ride quality is further enhanced by the Agility Control suspension.
The 2018 Mercedes-AMG G63 competes with the Range Rover Sport SVR, Porsche Cayenne Turbo and BMW X5M, in India.
Thoughts On The New Mercedes G63 AMG 2018
The new Mercedes-AMG G63 has been redeveloped entirely from the ground up while keeping all the traditional elements intact. Even though the G63 AMG is a hardcore off-roader, we are not sure how many of its owners would use it in the way it is meant to be used. But still, the presence and status offered by the G-Wagen are unmatchable by its rivals.