- 15 hrs ago Range Rover Sport Launched With New 2.0-Litre Petrol Engine — Prices Start At 86.71 Lakh
- 15 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Launched — TVC Targets Younger Buyers
- 16 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Variants Explained In Detail — The Best Model Of The Lot!
- 16 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Launched — Top Five Features And Everything You Need To Know
- News 27-year-old TikTok star and gym trainer Mohit Mor shot dead in Delhi's Najafgarh
- Finance DHFL Halts Deposits, Premature Withdrawals; Stock Plummets 18%
- Sports FIFA working on solution for Women's World Cup ticketing issue
- Technology OnePlus 7 Pro Easter Egg solved: How to get Fnatic special wallpapers?
- Movies Salman Khan Showers Praises On Alia Bhatt: She Is A Godown Of Talent
- Lifestyle Sonam Kapoor Ahuja’s Modern Suit At Cannes 2019 Has A Timeless Touch And She Looks Flawless
- Education Goa Board SSC Result 2019: 92.47% Students Passed
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
We have already reported about Maruti Suzuki testing the new WagonR hatchback on Indian roads. Now, Autocar India reports that the new Maruti WagonR will be launched in India around Diwali, that is in November 2018.
The report also states that Maruti Suzuki aims to retail around 18,000 new WagonR's per month to further strengthen its market share. Currently, Maruti Suzuki is retailing around 14,000 units of WagonR and it is the fifth best-selling car for the company. Now, it looks like the new WagonR will challenge the other Maruti models for the top spot.
On the design front, the new Maruti WagonR retains the signature tall-boy design similar to the outgoing model. Other prominent updates will include a revamped chassis for structural rigidity. Apart from that, the new WagonR might also feature few new design elements to keep the model refreshed.
The new Maruti WagonR will feature a spacious cabin similar to the outgoing model. Expect the new WagonR get additional features such a touchscreen infotainment system on the top-spec models and several other comfort features. The interior is expected to get upmarket seat upholstery.
The new Maruti WagonR will draw power from the existing 1-litre three-cylinder, K-Series petrol engine producing 67bhp and 90Nm of torque. The engine will be mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox or an optional AMT gearbox.
Apart from the regular variant of the Maruti WagonR, the company will also introduce the seven-seater version of the hatchback in the country. The seven-seater WagonR has been spotted testing on Indian roads and is expected to be launched by the end of 2018.
Thoughts On The New Maruti WagonR
The WagonR has been one of the best-selling hatchbacks in the Indian market. Now, with the introduction of the new WagonR, Maruti Suzuki will try to attract more buyers in the country.
The new Maruti WagonR is expected to be priced between Rs 4.5 lakh to Rs 5.5 lakh ex-showroom. The Maruti WagonR will rival the likes of Renault Kwid, Tata Tiago and the upcoming new Hyundai Santro.
Spy Image Source:Speedhounds