TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Apple iPhone XR Available Via Airtel Online Store Starting At Rs 14,999 EMI
- The Beautiful Tringalwadi Fort Is A Perfect Escape From Nashik!
- What Causes Anencephaly And What Are Its Symptoms?
- Nana Patekar: I Am Being Mentally Harassed By Tanushree Dutta, My Name Has Sufferd Incomparable Loss
- New Maruti WagonR Production Begins In India — Launch Soon
- India Vs West Indies: Virat Kohli In Line To Break These ODI Records
- 6 Pension Payment Related Bank Norms That Government Employees Should Know
We have already reported about Maruti Suzuki testing the new WagonR hatchback on Indian roads. Now, Autocar India reports that the new Maruti WagonR will be launched in India around Diwali, that is in November 2018.
The report also states that Maruti Suzuki aims to retail around 18,000 new WagonR's per month to further strengthen its market share. Currently, Maruti Suzuki is retailing around 14,000 units of WagonR and it is the fifth best-selling car for the company. Now, it looks like the new WagonR will challenge the other Maruti models for the top spot.
On the design front, the new Maruti WagonR retains the signature tall-boy design similar to the outgoing model. Other prominent updates will include a revamped chassis for structural rigidity. Apart from that, the new WagonR might also feature few new design elements to keep the model refreshed.
The new Maruti WagonR will feature a spacious cabin similar to the outgoing model. Expect the new WagonR get additional features such a touchscreen infotainment system on the top-spec models and several other comfort features. The interior is expected to get upmarket seat upholstery.
The new Maruti WagonR will draw power from the existing 1-litre three-cylinder, K-Series petrol engine producing 67bhp and 90Nm of torque. The engine will be mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox or an optional AMT gearbox.
Apart from the regular variant of the Maruti WagonR, the company will also introduce the seven-seater version of the hatchback in the country. The seven-seater WagonR has been spotted testing on Indian roads and is expected to be launched by the end of 2018.
Thoughts On The New Maruti WagonR
The WagonR has been one of the best-selling hatchbacks in the Indian market. Now, with the introduction of the new WagonR, Maruti Suzuki will try to attract more buyers in the country.
The new Maruti WagonR is expected to be priced between Rs 4.5 lakh to Rs 5.5 lakh ex-showroom. The Maruti WagonR will rival the likes of Renault Kwid, Tata Tiago and the upcoming new Hyundai Santro.
Spy Image Source:Speedhounds