TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- How The Phone Calls And Explosives Clearly Link Pulwama Attack To Pakistan
- Mahindra XUV300 Electric S210 Promises A Range Of 400km — Details Out!
- IPL 2019 Schedule — Chennai Super Kings Take On Royal Challengers Bangalore In Season Opener On March 23rd
- Samsung Galaxy S10+ Tipped To Launch In Ceramic Black: Price And Specs
- Here's Portal To Apply For Education Loan At Multiple Banks
- Indian Fests In March — A 2019 Must-Visit Checklist
- Madhu Chopra Reacts To Priyanka's 'Baby Bump' Photos!
- Kangana Ranaut Convinces Us To Make Sari An Everyday Wear With This Humble Sari
India's leading automaker Maruti Suzuki has issued a recall or Service Campaign for the new Swift and the Baleno. The reason behind the recall is a possible fault in the brake vacuum hose of the new Maruti Swift and Baleno.
The service campaign has been listed on the Nexa website. The recall has affected 52,686 units of the new Maruti Swift and Baleno manufactured between December 1, 2017, and March 16, 2018. From May 14, 2018, the dealers will contact the owners of the vehicles included in this service campaign.
Maruti Suzuki has stated that inspection and replacement of the faulty part will be done free of cost. The customers can also check if their new Swift or Baleno is affected by this recall by entering the chassis number of the vehicle on the Nexa website.
The new Maruti Swift is manufactured at the company's Gujarat plant and it is not yet confirmed that whether the fault has affected the same assembly line. The brake vacuum hose is a part of brake booster system which increases the brake force and stops the car in a short distance.
However, the failure of brake vacuum hose does not fail the brake completely, instead, it reduces the braking power. Brakes are the vital component of any vehicle and it is good know that Maruti Suzuki has issued a recall for its popular Swift and the Baleno hatchback.
The new Maruti Swift and Baleno comes with safety features such as dual airbags and ABS as standard across all the variants. The Maruti Baleno has been the best-selling premium hatchback in the country. The new Swift is also selling like hot cakes. Now, the recall should not hamper the sales o both the models.
Thoughts On The New Maruti Swift And Baleno Recall
It is a good move by Maruti Suzuki by issuing a service campaign for the new Swift and the Baleno. A brake vacuum hose is a vital component of the braking unit and it enhances the braking power. Despite India not having a vehicle recall policy, Maruti Suzuki has come forward and issued a recall to rectify the problem in the new Swift and the Baleno.