TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- How The Phone Calls And Explosives Clearly Link Pulwama Attack To Pakistan
- Mahindra XUV300 Electric S210 Promises A Range Of 400km — Details Out!
- IPL 2019 Schedule — Chennai Super Kings Take On Royal Challengers Bangalore In Season Opener On March 23rd
- Samsung Galaxy S10+ Tipped To Launch In Ceramic Black: Price And Specs
- Here's Portal To Apply For Education Loan At Multiple Banks
- Indian Fests In March — A 2019 Must-Visit Checklist
- Madhu Chopra Reacts To Priyanka's 'Baby Bump' Photos!
- Kangana Ranaut Convinces Us To Make Sari An Everyday Wear With This Humble Sari
Maruti Suzuki has launched the new Swift AMT in the top-spec ZXI+ and ZDI+ trims in the Indian market. The petrol ZXI+ trim of the new Maruti Swift AMT is priced at Rs 7.76 lakh while the diesel ZDI+ variant carries a price tag of Rs 8.76 lakh. Both prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
The new Maruti Swift was launched in the Indian market in February 2018. At the time of launch, Maruti Suzuki offered the AMT gearbox on the VXI, ZXI, VDI and ZDI trim levels. That means if you opted for the AMT variant, you would miss out on the features such as touchscreen infotainment system, projector headlamps and LED DRLs.
Maruti Suzuki skipped the AMT gearbox on the top-spec variants of the Swift to keep the price in check. But now, with the overwhelming demand for the hatchback, Maruti Suzuki has finally introduced the AGS (Auto Gear Shift) in the top-spec petrol and diesel models.
The new Maruti Swift is based on the HEARTECT platform which is lighter and stronger. The new Swift gets an updated front and rear fascia which now features an upmarket look. The hatchback gets a new front grille, redesigned headlamps and a revamped tailgate and boot lid.
The top-end ZXI+ and the ZDI+ trim of the new Swift are equipped with features such as LED projector headlamps, LED daytime running lights and automatic headlamps. Other features include dual-tone alloy wheels, touchscreen infotainment system with connectivity options and reverse parking sensors with a camera.
The new Maruti Swift draws power from a 1.2-litre petrol and a 1.3-litre diesel engine. The petrol engine produces 83bhp and 113Nm of torque while the diesel engine is good for 74bhp and 190Nm of torque. Transmission options include a 5-speed manual or a 5-speed AMT gearbox.
Thoughts On The New Maruti Swift AMT
Maruti Suzuki has finally introduced the AMT gearbox on the top-spec models of the hatchback. Now, customers can opt for the AMT model with all the bells and whistles on offer. The launch of the Swift AMT top variants will further boost the sales of the hatchback in the Indian market.